Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: DrBee8457's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View DrBee8457's profile Entries: 10
Views: 2321
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

10-03-2011 10:21 PM It's getting there
Removed ALL of the Botox. I just received the new fenders, 2" wider fiberglass, last week. I have to cut the opening for the fuel door and the mounting holes. I'm working on the stainless now.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

11-16-2010 11:07 AM More progress
Just had the front end aligned. Finishing off wiring now. On the road SOON !!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

10-02-2010 11:10 PM On The Road
Well, the Chevy is back from the transmission shop. Now it will off to the the alignment shop.

We took on the maiden voyage around the block. No metal, no tail lights and no registration. We no sooner pulled into the driveway when 2 Sheriff's cars came flying around the corner. I thought "Oh Crap" someone turned us in to the Sheriff. Little did I know that there was a 911 call across the street (whew).

Getting real close to being on the road.

[Entry #8]

09-24-2010 12:01 AM The next step
Well my brake issue has been rectified, the crate engine broken in and now it's off to the muffler shop. The muffler shop just phoned and said the exhaust system is done so we're picking it up tomorrow and dropping it off at the transmission shop for final adjustments.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

06-22-2010 10:31 PM More progress... sort of...
Well, the engine is broke-in, the temporary wiring has been replaced with final wiring. As I filled the differential with new fluid (posi), I noticed a small puddle of liquid on the ground. AHHHHHH !! my gas tank has a hole and is leaking.

This is the last time that I will use old parts (original tank). Ordered a new tank and it will be here in 7 to 10 workdays.

Just one more small setback, but I will not be denied. Looking to get it on the road in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

[Entry #6]

Pages (2): [1] 2