Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 38Dodgebiz's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 38Dodgebiz's profile Entries: 10
Views: 2034
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

09-08-2007 10:58 AM Swapped out the bow-tie bling
I pulled off the bow-tie air cleaner, breather and valve covers and went with a more traditional "Moon" finned look. I like it!!!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

08-17-2007 06:02 PM Fast forward to August 2007
Well I have been plugging away for nearly 5 years now on the coupe. My son's Mustang behind me, it's time to get busy on my projects again. Although i had planned to continue work on the Vette, I decided that with a few months of good hard work - I could be driving the old Dodge to Pavillions and the newer East Valley cruise nights on the weekends. I moved the car into the first bay yesterday. A sure sign it was at the plate. It's on jack stands and work has begun. I removed the GM tilt column to clean it up and paint it. I ordered the 2" ididit swivel firewall mount I was lacking and a new 14" stainless, leather wrapped banjo steering wheel is headed my way. I ordered window gaskets for the rear quarter windows, back glass and windshield from Steele Rubber (they had everything in stock). Glass is already being cut and should arrive in less that 2 weeks from MN. I'm starting the painless wiring install this weekend.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

08-17-2007 05:48 PM Getting back at it
After a long hot first summer and a good cleaning out of the garage since the move, I took the sheetmetal all back off the car and started back into it. I ordered up some steel rims and Coker wide whites. I also began getting the brackets, pupms, pulleys, etc.. all figured out for under the hood. I did some measuring and ordered up an aluminum radiator as well. This is as far as things went for a while. I got sidetracked by my '69 Corvette frame off (still in progress) and my son'r '70 Mustang 5.0 HO/T5 project which is about done.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

08-17-2007 05:36 PM Starting to look like a car again
Just before I relocated to AZ in '04, the car started to actually look like a car again!!! It was the first thing that got delivered to our new Chandler address. My garage will never be this clean again ;-)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

08-17-2007 05:29 PM Lots of old parts
There is always a lot of junk generated from these projects. I managed to sell off the old engine and trans. I think I just ended up scrapping the old suspension.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

Pages (2): [1] 2