Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: ChevyTruckGuy's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View ChevyTruckGuy's profile Entries: 72
Views: 21479
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (15): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

02-13-2015 05:38 PM Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Truck
I'm still cleaning, try to locate the two small leaks I have. One looks like power steering fluid and the other is the rear transfer case seal. I have the skid plate cleaned but I don't think I will use the factory rubber bushings because they stick down about 3/4 of an inch easy for a rock to catch on the bolt head. Dumb design if you ask me.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #72]

01-31-2015 01:37 PM Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Truck
The manifold cover padding has deteriorated so I need to replace the foam. Next I found that the front skid plate had a broken bolt and needs a lot of cleaning.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #71]

01-13-2015 12:45 AM Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Truck
As I was getting ready to use my hitch for the first time I found two rear bolts loose that bolt to the bumper. Could not tighten them up so had to remove them and clean the threads up with my threat file. On the bed I have the fenders to fix all 4 corner.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #70]

12-22-2014 05:42 PM Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Truck
The next think I looked at was the battery box. It was in fair shape a lot of rust and pitting at one end. I forgot to take before pictures! Took all day in rust remover to clean up. I will be looking for a good replacement soon but for now its repaired. Also the plastic line from the windshield washer tank was eaten away with acid from the battery. I cut the bad section out from the 90 degree bend and replace with rubber hose for now tell I see if I can get a replacement. A two day job. also need new mounting clips they where rusted away too.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #69]

12-22-2014 05:19 PM Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Truck
My first task is to inspect and repair or replace all the old parts. So I started off with the K & N cool air kit which looks like junk to me. Does not actually seal up over the old air cleaner box. The filter looks like it was never cleaned so I soak it in a hot bucket of soap. Blew all the crude out and lubed the filter with K&N filter lube/ spray looks bran new.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #68]

Pages (15): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15