Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: mitmaks's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View mitmaks's profile Entries: 4
Views: 1751
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

11-14-2009 08:57 PM Grille
Finally I got it all painted. It was very tedious work to mask off each fin before I was to spray it black. I've sprayed it all silver and then used 3M fine line to mask off each fin. Came out pretty good I think.
Also took factory emblem and polished/repainted it. Came out pretty good but due to old camera you can't see it well. Beats paying $50 for little emblem.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

11-14-2009 08:53 PM Grille
Top of grille has metal part that was pretty bad, I've welded some holes shut, smoothed it out and shot it factory semi gloss black

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

11-14-2009 08:51 PM Grille
Grille had cracks in corners. I've beveled out cracks with little rotary tool. I've repaired back with 2K glue (very strong) and front I've repaired with poly putty.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

11-14-2009 08:49 PM Grille
So I bought this grille on ebay for my Charger. Of course it had cracks, weathered paint, broken off pieces etc.
First I've started filling in missing pieces. I've made a mold out of foil and put it behind grille and filled in with fiberglass. Once it was dry I've used polyester putty to fill in imperfections. Polyester putty works great on top of fiberglass and most plastics as it's more flexible than regular body filler. It's also recommended for plastic bumpers if you have a little nick or small spot that needs repaired.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]