Lotsa rust and lumpy metal down here. I had some burn through, which explains the weird sliver patch. I drilled to replace the spot welds and put the passenger side door and fender in place and the fit is tight and solid. I am awesome.
The bottom of the passenger side cab corner and inner cowel were rotten, along with the lipped panel that the cowel is spot welded to. I made a patch and did the lip in a vice, then painted it black (which was retarded because I'll have to grind the paint off to get a ground).
Then I cut the bottom of the inner cowel and corner off. I cut the replacement and welded it in - still need to do the cab corner itself and drill holes to replace the factory spot welds.
The side interior panel had a lot of rust issues. The fresh air louvers are on this side, along with the heater box. That's a lot of possible moisture sources. I ordered a whole new panel for this section and started cutting it out tonight. I also moved the 2x8 plank out and set the floor bracing on the blocks so I could reach the inside of the cab corners.
The firewall was pretty hacked up to make way for the bigger TH400 trans. I did some bending, trimming and hammering in the right spots and I think it will look pretty good. The trans cover didn't fit at all before, but it fits well now.
There was a mystery hole cut that I patched. Lots more of this kind of stuff left on the firewall.