Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: ElegantInventor's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View ElegantInventor's profile Entries: 2
Views: 1876
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

08-01-2006 11:17 PM High Resolution Drawings
I draw with Corel Draw. I like to make those into Adobe high definition PDF files, so if you zoom in you get razor sharp detail. That saves lots of questions and time for everyone. Email me and I'll send you a PDF if you like.

In time I'll make a webpage of PDF's for this group if enough people ask for files. These JPG files are not nearly as sharp and zoomable as the PDF's.

Jon

[Entry #2]

08-01-2006 11:12 PM AIR to AIR TIG Torch COOLER
About to mod my new Harbor Freight inverter welder. Since the torch heats up I built this cooler - I considered adding a water cooled torch but I don't TIG enough to justify one.

I like my torch getting some air between welds, water cooled or not. Here is how I made an air-to-air torch cooler. It will cool a water cooled torch as well, the housings still heat up. This unit will make your welding more pleasant, and that makes for higher-quality welds. I need better welds!

I am designing a plug-in foot pedal, gas solenoid, post-weld timer, and an arc starter - all simple to make. This welder would be pretty cool with those mods. I'll post all that to the journal here if anyone wants to see.

I like to draw these things I make in Corel Draw - see the attached JPG. Email me and get a PDF if you want better detail. I also take photos sometimes but drawings get details better and cleaner.

This fall I am moving my shop to what is now a carport, have to enclose that first. I'll get some photos going while I still have my present 2 car garage.

Jon

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]