Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: bigblock454camaro's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View bigblock454camaro's profile Entries: 15
Views: 2545
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

03-30-2014 06:27 PM Tha 31
Well, we got our 2x3 tubing Friday, and bought Christian another mig on Saturday morning. After buying the mig we came back and hit each other with ideas for the frame, googled different frames, didn't really see what we were after so we sat down discussed what exactly we wanted then drew it out and then went to cutting and bending. We got both rails fabbed up late Saturday evening. Today we started putting it all together. As I would set everything, she was tack welding it together with her new toy. Did I mention that she's not your typical 14 year old girl? She loves her welder! Anyway, we got the rails set with some temporary cross members, went to my buddy's fab shop today, but he wasn't home so we weren't able to pick up the round tubing for our front crossmember. The frame is about 60% welded( I'm tig welding it) but we just had to slide it under the car to check our fit. We are both very pleased with how it's turning out. The frame is pinched up front the follows the kick out of the cowl then straightens back out for a 16" kick up in the rear. The body will flush fit the bottom of the rails for a 3" channel. Next up, front crossmember and start on the suicide front setup, see you in a few days...

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

03-24-2014 08:54 PM tha 31
Just a little update, nothing on the car this past week, we'll be getting our tubing for the frame on Friday morning, so hopefully we can add some new entries soon.

[Entry #14]

03-16-2014 11:21 AM Tha 31
Christian wanted to say thank you to all her fellow hotrodders following our build of her 31 Tudor. This is a learning experience for both of us, as I've been all around race cars, muscle cars, v8 conversions on S10's, even a turbo Buick install in a Mazda B2200 low rider, but while I'm using those experiences on this build, it's also a challenge because I've never been this limited in space as the Model A presents. The biggest challenge so far is we are trying to decide on a great handling steering setup to use. We will be using a 6" drop front axle on a suicide front setup. Any suggestions on a steering setup that will help eliminate bump steer is welcome, so feel free to message any suggestions. We really like the look of a cowl steering but worried again about bump steer. Thanks again and until next time...

[Entry #13]

03-15-2014 03:36 PM Tha 31
Oh forgot to mention, she also talked to someone with a local hotrod magazine and possibly will get a feature in it!!!

[Entry #12]

03-15-2014 03:34 PM Tha 31
Well we got the body together and Christian wanted to take it to the atomic blast rat rod show today, so we loaded it up and headed to Gulfport. Pulling in we were stopped twice by people with offers on it, she laughed them off. After parking we had at least 10 people wanting to buy the sedan. We told them it wasn't for sale, that she was the primary builder of the car and just wanted to bring it to show what she's done. She got a lot of hugs and compliments from quite a few of the older guys there, really made her day. It's now raining and the body is still in the truck so no finished pictures today, but here's a couple that she really liked that were there, and we did get some more ideas while there today, so until next time enjoy these pics.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3