Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: TaskForce55's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View TaskForce55's profile Entries: 19
Views: 2725
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

09-25-2008 05:35 PM Just checking in
No real news to update with the truck. My family and I have relocated to So. CA, the truck made it without incident. Unfortunately I still don't have room at the house to keep it, so a local body shop is doing small projects for me until I can clear out the garage and get going again. Don't expect any real progress for another year or so.

I found this picture out on the web, it is NOT my truck. Someday though....

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #19]

04-13-2008 07:57 AM Mid Project Move
Unfortunately I have received the official word - my family and I are moving from Texas to California. So I took a week off of work and put the truck back together. It will have to be trailered out, which will cost about $1000 (there goes the budget!).

It was great getting the kitchen pass to spend a week in the garage. By the end of the week I was ready to get back to work so I could rest.

I ordered a bolt kit for the front, that included most everything I needed to put the major pieces back in place. Once again the majority of my time was spent fighting broken bolts.

Picture 1: Interior view of radiator and support.

Picture 2: It looks like a truck again. Notice the green driver's side rear fender? Instead of buying a new one, I traded a guy that lives here in town. I took his long bed fender for my shortbed fender - he wanted the wheel well cut out and I didn't, so it worked out for both of us.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #18]

04-13-2008 07:50 AM Rear Fenders and Roll Pan
Trial fit of the rear fenders and the rear roll pan.

Picture 1: Roll Pan - it is a pretty straight forward bolt in. Unfortunately it needs to be installed AFTER the bed wood, otherwise you can't get the last bed wood strip bolts in.

Picture 2: Passenger side fender bolted on.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #17]

04-13-2008 07:42 AM Bed Wood
After months of procrastination I finally finished up the bed wood. It didn't come out as perfect as I wanted it to, but it look pretty good.

I applied 3 total coats of sealant, and 2 coats of urethane to the oak boards.

The tricky part was the gas fill hole. Also, due to the extremely slow project progress, I temporarily painted the bed sides black to protect the wood from getting rust stains while waiting for final body work and paint.

Picture 1: Bed wood in place
Picture 2: Bed wood + strips and gass fill

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

04-13-2008 07:37 AM One Piece Windows
I wanted to clean up the doors, so I decided to go with a one piece window kit. The process was relatively simple:

Take the guts out of the door (this required drilling out some of the old clutch head bolts, of course).

Remove the glass from the old glass channel.

Glue in new window channel.

Trial fit new glass in the old glass channel.

Glue in the old glass.

Picture 1: Starting point
Picture 2: Gutted door
Picture 3: One piece in place.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4