Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: dmaggard's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View dmaggard's profile Entries: 18
Views: 4139
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

03-14-2007 07:29 PM The Dash is ready!
Finally have the dash ready for reassembly. The paint coat ended up with a couple of sags in it. Very hard to paint a dash especially with the window in. Hard to see. Hard to get the gun in the right position. Anyway I ended up with a couple of sags. I sanded them out with no problem.... scuffed the rest of the dash up with 1200 and layed down a clear coat. Today I wet sanded the whole thing with a used piece of 1200 buffed and glazed and ready to go. Very happy with the way it turned out. Little dirt... stuff I know is there... for the most part it looks like glass. On to the wire harness and gauges.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #18]

03-08-2007 04:34 PM Time to block sand and paint
I got my primer coat on the dash today. Spent the morning changing my air lines in the shop from the PVC to the black iron. Started reading about how dangerous the PVC is when it does fail that I decided to spend the time on iron pipe. Here are the pics of the dash. Now a good sanding and should be ready for the paint. I love the tinted primer. Really makes a difference when you go to paint your color coat. No more cover plate and no more ash tray. Sweeeet!



(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #17]

03-01-2007 06:27 PM Cleaning the dash
My truck had a plate where the heater controls go on the deluxe model. I decided to weld it in and clean it up. It turned out so good that I decided to get rid of the ash tray also. Am considering an aluminum tank in the rear of the truck between frame.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

02-28-2007 03:30 PM Front end drop
Got the 59 out in the driveway today for some fresh air. First time with wheels on it in 2 months. I'm really happy with the stance the 3 inch drop axle and the 1 inch drop on the springs gave me. It will sit nicely when I get the motor in. Hope it steers and handles well. Had to ge it outside and clean up on the garage before cold weather again. It hit 70 here today and they are calling for snow on Saturday. I'm ready to run the wiring and the brake lines. I'm going to rebuild the back brakes before I run the lines and I have to spray the dash with a coat of paint before the wire. I guess I'm not as close to setting the engine in as I thought. Going to do some metal work to the dash before the paint. I'll post some pics.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

02-24-2007 07:04 PM Disc brake install
Had a problem with the disc brake install. The caliper and pads were too narrow to get over the rotor. The measurement on the caliper that fit was 3 inches and the one that won't go on as you can see is 2.76 inches. I guess I'll be putting in a call to CPP on Monday. The pins that fit through the backing plate and through the caliper was too large diameter at the end of the pin and I needed to grind them down a little. Other than that everything fit good. Kept me from getting my front end finished today though.
O well.......


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.