Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: TFoch's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View TFoch's profile Entries: 83
Views: 32103
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (17): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

11-22-2014 06:24 PM 33 Chevy Foliage Drive
Took the Chevy for a foliage drive back in early October to the Lake Sunapee area of New Hampshire. Got to drive it through a covered bridge and see some beautiful scenery in the state. Now it's cold and time to put it away for the winter. I have my to do list ready to go for this winter. Hope to add more entries of progress over the next few months.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #83]

11-22-2014 06:19 PM 33 Chevy Cabriolet
I've been trying to get caught up on the build of my 33 Chevy Cabriolet. I added the bumpers and running boards to it. I got the car on the road in August after a few problems, the main one being the 283 engine. The person I bought it from wasn't very honest about it and I was forced to buy a 350 crate engine to replace it. I figured this was the best way to finally get to drive the car this summer. I was able to put 1,074 miles on it mostly driving the back roads in my home state. Here are some pics of the car when I got it back together.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #82]

11-22-2014 06:03 PM 33 Chevy First Ride
Seven years ago when I brought this car back to New Hampshire in boxes I promised my Dad he'd get the first ride. After a lot of work and help from some close friends and family, today I was able to keep that promise. My Dad was born in 1933 so he's the same age as the car. It wasn't a long ride but I think it made his day. It definitely made my day!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #81]

11-22-2014 06:00 PM 33 Chevy Fired Up
Got the car fired up this weekend. My daughter got the honors of turning the key. When it first started there was a grinding noise that scared the heck out of me. It had run a couple of years ago with no problems. We finally figured out it was the transmission cover hitting the flex plate. I bought a "universal" plastic one that doesn't fit quite right. After removing it the car ran great. Just a couple small leaks I need to fix. I still have some things to get done before I go to the DMV to get it registered. I was able to drive it out of the garage, turn it around and drive it back in. Getting closer! Here are a couple pics of it while I had it outside.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #80]

11-22-2014 05:58 PM 33 Chevy Battery Box
While I was working on my front fenders this weekend my Dad, who's a retired sheet metal worker decided to help out and make my battery box cover. He has all his equipment in my cellar. He took he measurements and when he came out this is what he had. We painted it and attached the hinge. Done and I didn't have to do a thing.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #79]

Pages (17): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17