Started out with the pieces my friend milled out of aluminum for me for my column drop. We included the letters WAMCO for the Wild *** Mining Company (This was the lettering on the door when I bought the car). The first pic has the upper and lower polished and the middle part as machined. The second and third have all polished and the fourth has it mounted to the dash.
I got the polyurethane on the dash panel and I'm happy with the results. The wood is from a black walnut tree I cut down to put up my garage. I tried a couple of cans I had around the house (not sure how old they were) but didn't like the results. I stop by my local hardware store and talked with the owner that I went to grade school with and he recommended Minwax Helmsman Interior/Exterior so being in a Cabriolet I'd have UV protection. After trying a test piece I liked it. Five coats later here are the results. The gauges are Autometer.
Had Ron from N.E. Rod Shop stop by and we measured the backspacing for the wheels. Finally got them in and on the car. Put 255-70-15 with 15 X 8 on the rear and 15 X 6 on the front with a 195-65-15 on the front. The tires are BF Goodrich T/A Radials. We have the rear tires mounted but the fronts are still on back order.
This weekend I test fitted the front fenders. I'm going to have my friend Ron from New England Rod Shop stop by and measure for the wheel backspacing. Then I can order the wheels. I'm going with American Torq Thrust. Can't wait to see the car with wheels on it!