Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: TFoch's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View TFoch's profile Entries: 75
Views: 30940
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (15): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

10-22-2014 05:14 PM Headlights On My 33 Chevy
Wired the head lights and used a halogen kit. I also have the directional in the lower part of the reflector to hide it. Both the headlights and directionals work great.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #75]

10-22-2014 05:09 PM Wiring My 33 Chevy Cabriolet
This bag wired the dash. All wires were clearly marked and there were some extras so if you wanted to add accessories later you could. I chose Auto Meter gauges, the electric speedometer, electric tachometer and the quad gauge.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #74]

10-22-2014 05:05 PM Wiring My 33 Chevy Cabriolet
The next bag is to wire the the steering column. The instructions had a table on them to show you which color wire from the kit goes to the GM steering column wire harness. The black plug in the kit has all the letter designations that are on the table to make things easy. The wires come with the connectors on them. Just push them into the black plug and you're done.
The next bag is the head light and dimmer switches. I ordered my head light switch with my harness but it did come with a GM style plug. There are two head light feed wires that go back to the panel. There's a wire that powers the dash lights and the brightness is controlled by turning the head light knob. Then you run the rest of the wires out to each corner of the car for the head lights and tail lights.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #73]

10-22-2014 04:59 PM Wiring My 33 Chevy Cabriolet
I forgot to mention the wires are not only color coded but have what they are for labeled every 6 inches. This along with the easy to follow instructions in each bag make it easy to follow. The wire in the picture below goes from the ignition switch to #4 on the terminal block. A good crimping tool able to crimp red, blue and yellow connectors is needed.
Bag "A". I have a 1 wire alternator so all I had to do was positive post on the run a wire from the alternator to the starter.
Bag "B" contained the wire for the distributor. I'm running a GM HEI Distributor so there was one wire from the distributor to the terminal block. Then another wire from the solenoid to the terminal block. The final part of the bag was to connect the red wire from the top of the fuse box to the battery post on the solenoid.
Bag "C" was for the ignition switch and safety neutral switch. I ordered a dash mount ignition switch with the kit. There are two wires that connect the neutral safety switch to the terminal board. That finishes Bag "C". Once I crimped my battery cables and connected them, The motor turns over.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #72]

10-22-2014 04:50 PM Wiring My 33 Chevy Cabriolet
It's been a while since I posted so I'm going to try to get caught up. I started to wire my 33 Chevy. To start I purchased a Ron Francis Bare Bones Kit. I don't have electric windows, air conditioning or a big booming stereo in the car so this kit keeps it simple, the way I like it. When I ordered the kit there was a questionnaire to fill out asking questions like distributor type, steering column type and 1 or 3 wire alternator.

The kit comes with a color schematic and instructions for each step to complete the job. When you open the box, there are bags labeled "A" "B" "C" and so on. You start by mounting your fuse panel and running your battery cables.

So here it goes. After the first 3 bags you can start the engine.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #71]

Pages (15): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15