Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: dwhip's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View dwhip's profile Entries: 19
Views: 3470
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

07-22-2008 09:46 PM Resizing the rear window
After reshaping the entire roof line I had to resize the rear window so it would fit in the much smaller area of the roof. The first thing I did was to cut 8 inches out of the center Then welded it back together, then I took 2 inches out of the height and welded it back together again and here's the finished product


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #19]

07-15-2008 04:01 PM Buildind the roof
I started the roof framing , using 1/2 inch square tubing. It takes a little patience to get the right shape. I used some old lengths of aluminum fuel line that shapes very easily to get the right fit before bending it in the square tubing. I started out with the main hoop from front to rear first, then added the rest of them one by one. Hopefully tomorow I'll get a chance to Fab some of the roof panels.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #18]

07-15-2008 03:54 PM Finishing the suicide hinge install
It's been awhile since I've made much progress, but I finally got a chance to finish one of the doors with the hinges finished. It took some time to fabricate some new bracing for the doors. The Hagan hinge kit gives you all the adjustability you need.


(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #17]

12-19-2007 06:48 PM SUICIDE DOORS
I began work on the suicide doors next. These are Hagan Street Rods suicide hinges. I Like this kit very much, it allows you to put the hinges anywhere you like. It also comes with a DVD that shows you step by step how to install which helped a great deal. It does take some planning and measuring, but wasn't that bad.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

12-19-2007 06:39 PM CREATING NEW FLOORS
After making new trunk floors I started the floors for the interior. The floor panels weren't too bad, The tunnels for the trans were a little more difficult, but making templates from cardboard helped alot! It takes alot of patience and quite a bit of trimming but I am very happy with the results. A bead roller was used to make the reinforcing ribs for added strength. I used the same epoxy primer on the floor and tunnel as on the body to protect against rust.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.