I've had this thing on the road for over a year now and finally got most of the bugs worked out of it, It's got a 350 engine and 700r4 trans, Mustang II suspension and under dash air. So it is a neat daily driver now.
I went to the local salvage yard and took this gas door from a Ford Probe. I fabbed the box to mount the filler neck and gas door to out of metal I cut from some old bed panels that were too rough to salvage. I tacked the box to the inside of the fender and then welded the edge of it to the hole that was cut in the rear fender. Next step is the body work on the rear fenders and then the tailgate.
I finally got the bed primered and bolted back together. As soon as the weather warms back up I plan on coating the inside with a roll on bed liner and then starting on the rear fenders. I'm going to try to put a gas door in the left rear fender before I finish them.
I mounted the fuel tank from a s15 blaser that I,ve been parting out and finally got started on the bed. The bed was in really rough shape, especially on the top rails where someone had welded peices of steel plate around the stake pockets. I cleaned all of that mess off and filled the holes for the stake pockets. I'm going to use a metal floor in the bed and coat the inside of the bed with a roll on bed liner.