Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 41'srfun's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 41'srfun's profile Entries: 11
Views: 3603
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

11-13-2011 07:38 PM 41' finally has paint on it
I haven't worked on my 41' for quite a while and was going to have to put another coat of primer on it. Instead I just went ahead and painted it.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

11-13-2011 07:29 PM 54 Chevy is a driver now
I've had this thing on the road for over a year now and finally got most of the bugs worked out of it, It's got a 350 engine and 700r4 trans, Mustang II suspension and under dash air. So it is a neat daily driver now.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

02-04-2009 06:40 PM Gas door install
I went to the local salvage yard and took this gas door from a Ford Probe. I fabbed the box to mount the filler neck and gas door to out of metal I cut from some old bed panels that were too rough to salvage. I tacked the box to the inside of the fender and then welded the edge of it to the hole that was cut in the rear fender. Next step is the body work on the rear fenders and then the tailgate.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

01-05-2009 05:32 PM Got bed primed
I finally got the bed primered and bolted back together. As soon as the weather warms back up I plan on coating the inside with a roll on bed liner and then starting on the rear fenders. I'm going to try to put a gas door in the left rear fender before I finish them.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

01-03-2009 07:53 PM Installed rear fuel tank
I mounted the fuel tank from a s15 blaser that I,ve been parting out and finally got started on the bed. The bed was in really rough shape, especially on the top rails where someone had welded peices of steel plate around the stake pockets. I cleaned all of that mess off and filled the holes for the stake pockets. I'm going to use a metal floor in the bed and coat the inside of the bed with a roll on bed liner.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3