Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 41International's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 41International's profile Entries: 24
Views: 5014
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5

01-02-2011 04:41 AM Steering Wheel
More work from the wood shop. The steering wheel is made from cherry the rim and four spokes are burl. The pictures are of the rim on the lathe, then glued up and then after the clamps came off still needing to be sanded. It has a modified steel core. The original is from a 1995 Chevy striped of it's plastic/rubber coating. Then the spokes were replaced as the originals were bent and I needed them straight.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #24]

01-02-2011 04:35 AM gear shifter picture
One more time

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #23]

01-02-2011 04:29 AM gear shifter picture
Hope this works for the picture

[Entry #22]

01-02-2011 04:25 AM Rear shifter
So I have been working in the wood shop and made my gear shifter. It is turned from cherry with some blue filler in a knot hole for caricature. It has the original metal shifter in it for strength as I had to glue it at the bend.

[Entry #21]

01-02-2011 03:54 AM Rear box frame
This is the rear box frame, gas tank,battery box and radiator. The top of the box frame that you see is actually the bottom of the box the rest will be made of wood. I have the design all done just have to get to making it. It will have some wood turnings of course. The sides will come down to the truck frame and will have storage just behind the cab under the bed of the box.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #20]

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5