Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Arillious's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Arillious's profile Entries: 1
Views: 515
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

01-29-2008 09:17 PM beginning of the 340 challenger
First journal entry... thought i might add some diversity amoungst you GM guys wit the all mighty challenger XD Hope some one finds my stuff interesting
One day before class I took the pistons out and that was fun; bunch of broken top rings one ruined piston and one different piston all together. However, its a joy to find out that all cylinders measure the same bore (at least when i measured them with my calipers. The machine shop will give me a deffinate on that) and all my rods are all the same, and they allow for floating pins! yay I can install my own pistons (money saved)! So far from visual inspection I have found out that all cylinders are in good shape, i may only need to have the cylinders honed. the cam shaft appears to be in good shape as well. so i guess the only thing I'm gonna have done at the machine shop is have the cylinders worked on, block hot tanked, magnafluxed, and maybe even have the block decked (all depends on money).
I haven't even begun on the heads, however from visual inspection they seem like i may be able to just bolt them right back on. id like to have the heads hot tanked, maganafluxed, and decked. i think that these heads already have the 2.02 intake valves, but im not sure because i haven't measured them yet.... they just look bigger that the stock 360 intake valves (1.88) i have a set of those too... so i just made the comparison wit ma eye Will more into the heads once im secured with the money to do it right now im not sure.

[Entry #1]