Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: SHIFTY101EASY's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View SHIFTY101EASY's profile Entries: 3
Views: 1022
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

01-23-2007 09:14 PM Stripping Paint + Buying New Metal
well, i've been stripping paint and buying new metal for a long while. I was going to keep the car fairly stock and make it sort of a GT clone type thing but i couldn't not turn it into a California Special (GT/CS). I've bought all the fiberglass parts and lights. I shouldnt of bought the lights though since im now going to use a differnt LED setup for the tail lights instead of bulbs...waste of money.... .

i began repairing the fenders buy stripping of the gobs of bondo and surface rust when i decided i wanted the 67 fenders instead so i ordered two reproduction ones. The 67's dont have the hole to for the side indicator light and look smoother...the 68s have a hole and i just prefered the 67 style.

i got the fenders for real cheap from trophymustang.com and they shipped me two left ones...i emailed them and told them, woke up the next morning and i have an email saying the correct one is already on its way and they were sorry. They didn't even make me return the extra fender first. come to think of it, still haven't...oh well, great prices and great service.

i also bought the ground effects kit from mustangsplus.com its pretty awesome looking with the bullit rims.

New hood and GT style rear valace.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

01-23-2007 09:00 PM First Things First...
well the first few things i did were getting the new rims as you can see since the old ones all had didn't tires and were generally just in awful condition...even if they were nice i was still getting the new bullit rims.

i also got he heater working which was nice when i would drive it to school sometimes in the mornings with a new plenum and ducts.

I fixed the turn signal cam...intially i tried the repair kit...which didnt work at all, so i just ended up getting burned and having to buy the entire signal cam assembly and rewire it and everything....at least it works great now and i dont have to hold the indicator lever to one side to keep it going!

I also got a new steering wheel which i really like.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

01-23-2007 08:46 PM The Beginning
well...heres the mustang when i brought it home. Thats my sister point at it in case you couldn't see it....

A little background...

It has a 302 built by some engine shop from what appears to be a long time ago its actually a 306 according to the engine ID tag on it but that sounds weird so i say 302 lol...
i dont think its the original block because it has 302 heads and my car is an A code which was 289 engine. Its pretty powerful though, i can do a fairly good burn out from a stop sign even through the leaking and smoking C4 automatic. It's got some JBA shorties on it though and power steering as well as new flowmasters.

it has an 8" rear end with open 2.79 gears....yeah....thats going to be changed eventually.

The interior is in great shape and everything is there except for the radio which is fairly normal.

It does have a few rust holes in the body but none in the floor or frame rails so that good.

Also, another big thing was that it already had front SSBC disc brakes.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]