Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: ntx_gearhead's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View ntx_gearhead's profile Entries: 3
Views: 764
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

06-08-2010 12:48 AM Well, about that mustang.......
Some of you may know I served in the Navy almost 10 yrs. When I came home my grandpa seen the mustang and heard about my plans of "ruining the damn thing" as he so eloquently put it so he told me he wanted to work out a deal. He just so happenned to have had the same 1959 Chevy Apache P/U I wanted as a kid. So to make a long story short he now owns a 1966 Mustang and I snookered (j/k pa) him out a GORGEOUS 1959 Chevy Apache P/U.....pics to follow. With all of this in mind my attention has turned to my 1972 Chevy Cheyenne P/U. There's a huge history behind this truck. My dad bought it in '74. My sister and I both were brought home from the hospital in the same truck, so it has literally been with me my WHOLE life. When I turned 16 my dad handed over the keys and created the monster you all know and love now. Like the Mustang, I've spent months thinking about how to approach this project and I'm happy to report it's already underway. The pics posted are the last pics taken of this truck in the shape it was in. Also shown is a bed jig I made to remove the bed off of the truck using a chain hoist. Again, thanks for taggin along. God bless

-Josh

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

02-16-2009 03:53 AM The Paint Scheme
I recently bought a copy of House Of Kolor's Digital Paint Booth. It's a valuable tool when you learn all the in's and out's of it. These two schemes is what I've come up with so far. Probably more to follow on this.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

02-16-2009 01:09 AM 66 Ford Mustang #1
Well this is the starting product. I've done a bit of planning with much more to go. You might be asking yourself..."What do I plan to accomplish after all the dust has settled?". Since I was a kid my grandpa and my dad had a shop open and they restored cars as a side gig. I helped out a little but not as much as I wanted. So when I was 18 I joined the Navy and for the last 8 yrs I've been serving. Since I was old enough to walk I wanted a shop on my own and I wanted to build professionally. This is the beginning of the journey. But before I can learn to build a car for someone else, I need to learn to build a car for myself and this is the project. It's a 1966 Ford Mustang GIVEN to me by some schmo (sp?) who didn't quite understand what he had in his driveway. It has a straight six cylinder with a C-4 transmission. I plan on the engine coming out and dropping a 351W and keeping the same transmission in it after I rebuild it of course. I figured out what paint schemes I want to use and I think I have most of the MAJOR stuff figured out. Still just need to hammer out the rest of the details and some of it will be figured out as I go along. So if you're reading this...welcome, it's a pleasure to share the ride with you and stay tuned...this is probably gonna get interesting!

-Gearhead
"Drive It Like Ya Stole It"

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]