Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: MrPhotographer06's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View MrPhotographer06's profile Entries: 11
Views: 2160
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

01-22-2010 06:18 PM well once again
I've added to the yard.. Got a 84 camaro, and its getting 350'd..

So far the got the heads off.. there small valve truck heads.
It ate two valves but the cyl wall is okay we think. but tommorrow we'll see for sure. he said we could sleeve it if it came down to it. We'll get it in the floor tommorrow and inspect it all, and take the pistons and crank out. then we'll see whats up from there.

Good news, is its got flat tops, 4 bolt main, double roller chain. so with those facts were thinking it probally already has a decent cam in it. if it dosent, we can get it re-ground pretty cheep though him.

Probally drop it in the vat next week. Going to get a 01 GP GT monday as my new DD..

[Entry #11]

01-27-2008 06:45 PM Hmm
how.. i've got my self a good riding car. nothing new for the project but am getting ready .. and loking for parts for the lean burn carb change over to elec. ign.

-Scott

[Entry #10]

12-10-2007 06:16 PM On a way different path...
On july 12th I recived as a gift a 1985 dodge diplomat. Since then i've put 25 miles on it driving around a .25 mile path. I drove it on the road for the first time yesterday reaching 85 mph. I have changed plug wires, changing the plugs tomorrow ,air filter and oil filter along with oil. I have also darkened the tail lights.Hoping to make it a sleeper. And this one already drives.... not like my last projects.

[Entry #9]

05-18-2007 07:31 AM May 11th
I finnaly got a hold of the air chisel and took the mount off

now i got a big 4X6 under the body between the frame . Cant wait till i get there later today or tomorrow and then i can hopefully get the body off and set aside.

-Cam the youngrodder

[Entry #8]

04-25-2007 03:27 PM 3-20 3-21 update
I pulled that car out last weekend (not the date) and got it all rolling and the bolts lubed. then on the 20-21st.. i removed all 18 heater channel bolts.. the 4 on the front frame head. 2 under gas tank the 4 under the back seat and all thats left are the 2 inside the fender well in the rear. the problem is that they wont come out. so i hope i can get them to come off with an air chisel. If not i'll just hopefully cut the mount off. because the body is a parts car anyway. I jacked the body off the front on the 21st with a big jack jst under the wheel trough in the front. I had it approx. a foot off the frame and noticed that the body-frame seals were all good and the frame looked pretty decent other than the floor.

hope all goes well for this weekend..
-Cam the youngrodder

[Entry #7]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3