Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 347mazda's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 347mazda's profile Entries: 19
Views: 3830
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

11-16-2008 02:56 PM Epoxy
these are the after shots

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #19]

11-16-2008 02:54 PM Epoxy
Well i got tired of the car flash rusting on me so I fixed it today
these are before paint

The last pic is of the front quarter panel after some filler I'm using evercoat products. There all the same filler just with different color harder's.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #18]

11-26-2007 01:12 PM Luggage Shelf
I finally got off my butt and worked on the luggage shelf again. I trimmed the replacement panel down and then cut out the car to fit it. All and all went pretty good I got some spots were I cut to much off which I will have to now fix. But I'm having to weld anyway so Its all good. I made some tabs and used a flanging tool so I can use them to hold the center up. After I get some welds on it Ill go back and cut them out so I have a complete butt weld.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #17]

10-31-2007 11:49 PM Done
I don't have a pic but thought I would give a update. After getting the patch in I did not like it. So now I'm gone get a patch panel and replace about 13 inches of the panel.

[Entry #16]

10-08-2007 02:31 AM rust hole
So I started fixing a smaller rust hole in the car not much but its still pretty big to me.

Pic one is of the rust hole.

Pic two is of the holes cut out.

Pic 3 is of the new patch half way welded in.

Only bad part is after I started to weld in the new patch I found anther small hole below the patch. I was able to weld it up with a piece of copper pipe. I also found a hole on the inside of the car were that bigger hole on the outside was. So now I have to fix that as well. Its about the size of a quarter and has some shapes and bends to it but Ill get it.

I also picked up a can of weld through primer today. Normally 10.50 a can. I picked it for 8.40 something. Cant fuss about saving 2 bucks to much. I'm gone get a new wire wheel and clean up some more rust and finish up the rear luggage shelf.

Then its on to the nose of the car. I got the sheet metal for the left side but still need the front apron and tire shelf and right side sheet metal. Then I can pull the body and epoxy the hole thing.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4