Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: toddshotrods's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View toddshotrods's profile Entries: 30
Views: 6873
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6

02-22-2009 12:33 PM Timepiece - Design in Blue
Still testing color combinations, here's blue.

The second pic has a close-up of the dash again, with the "Time Pod" included, as promised. Ball compass in the center, and a floating digit clock surrounding it. The persepctive is off a little, because I am just trying to get eveyrthing roughed in. I usually go back and pick with the details later so I don't waste time perfecting stuff that isn't going to make the cut.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #30]

02-20-2009 11:19 AM Timepiece - More details, another color
The steering wheel is patterned after a '51 Pontiac Cheiftain. The column is my design, and will be turned from billet. I have the hub cut already, and the billet for the column is sitting here waiting to be cut.

The second pic gives a close up view of the steering assembly, and switch cluster.

In the third pic I tried the car in red - so far it's my favorite. I also started on the cluster that goes in the passenger-side dash hump. It's also patterned after the Cheiftain dash - specifically the clock that is in the center of its dash. My version will probably have a floating ball compass in the center, with the clock in the space circling it. I'll snap a close-up of this when I get a little more done.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #29]

02-18-2009 09:54 PM Timepiece - Design (color)
I finally made enough progress with the rendering to start trying some color combinations. I also tried a trunk in place of the wing, with the aluminum-rimmed charging port on it like a big buckle. These are all "suede", but I might try some high-gloss versions later.

First pic --- an "off the top of my head" attempt at the matte blackish-brown color from the Lamborghini Reventon.

Second pic --- a military-style green.

Third pic --- copper.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #28]

02-11-2009 11:00 AM Timepiece - Design
I changed the rear end in the rendering to the Winters Pro V8 quick change I plan to run, and added in most of the triangulated, 4-link, rear suspension (GM G-body geometry). Obviously, I changed the background too. Next I am going to detail the body, so I can start trying some color combinations.

The second pic is the key to the whole project. I am going electric! My goal with this project has always been to develop the cleanest design possible and this decision gives me incredible opportunities. More details soon...

The third pic is my first idea for vintage-looking switches. I have a couple other ideas in mind, but the one feature I definitely want is the "illuminated globe" indicator lamps.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #27]

02-04-2009 04:23 PM Timepiece - More Design
Added the Indian Head trim to the side of the rendering, in preparation to start really working on getting a highly detailed, full-color, view of the car.

Front view sketch with the trim.

"Guidance Assembly" (headlights and mirrors) will motor out from behind the Indian Head.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #26]

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6