Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: FIREBIRDTONY's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View FIREBIRDTONY's profile Entries: 9
Views: 1412
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

10-07-2009 08:59 PM the rear body panel
the rear body panel was in pretty good shape, but after the welding had to be smoothed back out. i only did the left side until i chang the other quarter panel.

as you can see my back yard shops mascott is tired of waiting on this job to be complete. being a hound she hates the smell of urithane primer. and howls as the air compressor comes on. i want to howl when the old lady complains about getting her parking spot back.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

10-07-2009 08:47 PM project long overdue
after i got all the paint off the fenders i sanded them down to clean metal, ground out the rust and epoxy primed them before and after i did the bondo work. it took some work with the long board and blocks but i got them straight as an arrow.

i know some would cringe at the sight of bondo on fenders and doors. but its not as bad as it looks! im trying to use as much of the parts as i can on a low budget.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

10-07-2009 08:38 PM project long overdue
i used aircraft stripper to strip these fenders. its a mess when used on lacqer paint. i got more time than money so like a true hot rodder we will use what we have and fix these the best we can.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

10-07-2009 08:02 PM project long overdue
the floor is welded in and primed with epoxy. it welded in nice but looking back i wish i had used a complete trunk floor. i completely welded it in and smoothed the seems with fiberglass. a complete floor pan and trunk floor is the way to go if you want it perfect. but for a daily driver like this is going to be on a low budget it will have to do.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

11-02-2008 09:07 PM project long overdue
while waiting for more parts, i decided to mock up the front disc brakes. these are c5 corvette front 13 in hd rotors using the drum brake spindles and hubs.

the set up is made possible by using a set of aluminum caliper brackets made by speed pro performance. i have the same set up on my gto with a hydro boost system that stops on a dime.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

Pages (2): [1] 2