Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: freedom53's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View freedom53's profile Entries: 12
Views: 1940
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

04-26-2014 11:57 PM A Few Years Later............
I have succeeded in making the turnaround from taking apart to putting back together. It's been nearly 9 years since I poked the first hole through the floor pan on the hunt for rot. The only thing left bolted to the body at the end was the trunk lid. Floor pans, trunk floor, drop offs, quarters, door skins......replaced. Old undercoating stripped off underbody, cleaned, blasted, and coated with bedliner. Custom built air ride, 4 wheel discs, complete suspension rebuild front and rear, sway bars, close ratio steering box, tubular upper control arms, 17 " Torque-Thrust, 383 crate motor, built 700r4, 12 bolt. Fibreglass cowl hood, smoothed firewall, shaved doors, pull down power trunk, flush mount led sequential tail lights, led park lights, Dakota digital dash and cruise control, A/C, factory power windows, restored factory black SS interior. Aluminium twin fan radiator, March pulleys and brackets, full MSD ignition and starter, CS130d alternator, Painless wiring harness, remote reservoir p/s pump, Sanderson block huggers, Dr. Gas boomtubes, stainless hose and -AN fittings, all fasteners Gr8 yellow zinc plated............ I'm getting close to being half way back to the street. Some how these things seem to develop a life of their own, kind of like your kids, and take as much money and time as raising one of them.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

09-29-2010 04:06 PM B-body disc rotors
65 -70 not the same as 71

[Entry #11]

02-12-2008 08:34 AM If you recognize this man call 911!
Time for the yearly haircut

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

02-12-2008 08:25 AM 1I65
More assembly/disassembly pictures

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

01-29-2008 06:25 PM 1I65
Wonder where these outside rear view mirrors come from?

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3