Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: KenCam's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View KenCam's profile Entries: 5
Views: 1316
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

09-23-2008 08:04 PM ALL IS LOST!
I lost my sister's car in our house fire. My home owners insurance doesn't cover it so it looks like I'm SOL. It's not like it's replaceable anyway. My only advice after going through this is to make sure your ride is insured even if it isn't road worthy and take pictures of everything you own.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

06-03-2008 09:17 PM The only pic I can find of Deb's car.
This is the only picture I can find of my sister's car. I think it was 83. I'm the one in the back behind the bride's maid. You got to love the peach frills on the tux.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

05-31-2008 09:05 AM Salvaging everything I can.
I got a lot of parts off my sister's car. I wish the body had been in better shape.
The middle pic was how I knew it was my sister's car. My mother fix those holes in the seat. It was like a fingerprint to me. I did confirm it through records later.
The last pic is a bunch of friends helping my move the body to a dolly. My first digital camera was crappy and it didn't handle low light and motion very well.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

05-31-2008 08:52 AM Bringing my sister's car home
My nephew actually discovered the car while hunting. That's him in the forklift. He's a great guy and has been a big help.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

05-31-2008 12:03 AM Started the tear down
To give some history. I found my late sisters 77 Camaro rotting in a field shortly after her death. A car I lusted after when I was young. I brought it home and salvaged what I could off of it. I bought the 75 as a donor vehicle. My plan is to use as much of my sisters car as possible in the build.
The 75 has been sitting in the garage for about 2 years now. I bought it a few weeks before my son was born. I knew It was going to be a while before I got to work on it. I did manage to get it running and actually drove it around the block a few times.
I've been slowly amassing tools and parts and I'm finally ready to start.
I do have a concern. The NPD patch panel is different than the bottom of my fender. You can see it in the second picture. I'm not sure what to do about it.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]