Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: excaliberprime's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View excaliberprime's profile Entries: 7
Views: 979
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

03-13-2014 11:15 AM back for 2014
the 76 chevrolet was sold when it pushed me a little to far. ill be starting my new journal on a ratrod im building and catch everyone up to date so far. I have three projects going on in the oven one on the stove eye on medium and the other is still in the freezer. the one im trying to finish now is a 85 silverado with a 305. i have a 454 building to go in and a th475 to put behind it. its my parts truck and the th350 died with out warning or reason so its getting its trans befor the motor. second project is a 75 dj5 postal jeep with a heavily modified body. im down to the frame having already blasted and coated it im fabricating the components to have a suicide axle and to mount a 12bolt rear end under her. she has a 350 blocl and a th350 trans. the third is going to sound insane but it is a 85 pontiac feiro im going to strip of its body and motor fabricate as close as i can get to a formula one style open wheel( with removable wheel fenders ) street car still up in the air about what engine i will use.

[Entry #7]

11-29-2009 05:46 PM steering wheel removal
im gutting the interior. im to the point i want to remove the steering column. i try to remove the steering wheel with a name brand puller and it will not budge so over the course of the next two days heat, pb blaster, lots of hammering and two steering wheel pullers its still has not budged. i start to cut it off then decide to pull the column out and trash the whole thing. needs rebuild and im going to try to find me a nice tilt to go in when the time comes.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

11-29-2009 05:40 PM pictures for the first 2 entries p2
the first two pictures are of the passenger side floor board. as you can see there is quite a bit of rust damage in this area even to the cab support. the inner and outer rocker panels will need replaced as well. im still considering a donor cab. but then again i want to learn to MIG weld and the rest of the cab is in great shape aside from the metal dash shell having been cut and hole drilled everywhere.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

11-29-2009 05:34 PM pictures for first 2 entries p1
had a little trouble adding pics to my first two entries but i think i have it down now. the first two pictures are by driver side floor board. the third picture is all the fiberglass i could pull up with my hand mixed with, rust, aluminum foil, and duct tape. all of this was under carpet but i could see that it was rusted through from under the bottom ..had no idea it was this bad.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

11-29-2009 05:25 PM starting point
this is my starting point for my 1976 c10. not a full 360 view but im gutting the interior first. when im finished stripping the interior maybe my dollies will be here and i can roll her out side and get more pictures.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

Pages (2): [1] 2