Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 78novaman's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 78novaman's profile Entries: 16
Views: 3501
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

07-05-2011 12:58 AM Finally on the road
After four more years it's finally on the road. Real life got in the way as it tends to do.

Right now it's all stock with the 250ci engine putting away under the hood.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

10-30-2007 08:01 PM Forgot
Oops, forgot a pic!

I also am having some small issues with my truck engine. I got it running fine with the weiland intake and edelbrock carb, but bank one is misfiring and puffing blue smoke. I suspect a sticking exhaust valve, even though the compression checked out ok. I will be putting a vacuum gauge on it to be sure the next time I have some time.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

10-30-2007 07:57 PM Slow
I'm slow. I know. I got most of the chrome put on the front. I still need to drill the holes and mount the strip on the nose of the hood. Napa didn't have the #12 Pal nuts I needed. Still it's looking better and better!

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

07-21-2007 12:31 PM Rattle can paint complete
Over all the paint did not come out nearly as bad as I expected. I had it out and about in the sun and dang this car wants attention! It's going to look great once I get the wheels and glass cleaned up.

Previous owner had done some shoddy body work, the paint was poor. I added a pic of what happened when I pulled the side molding strip off. The freakin' paint came right off!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

05-14-2007 07:59 PM engine out 2
Engine is quite dirty. After I get it running and test the compression, I will definately be buying som GUNK engine cleaner and going to town. Then I'll just paint it Chevy Engine Blue and be done with it.

No useless dress up chrome here, only way it's getting on my engine is if it makes it go faster.

My dad says it was built to "1968 Specs" whatever that is supposed to mean. I suppose I'll find out once I tear into it! Right now I have this feeling it means that the compression has been bumped up.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4