Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: BRSleeper2's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View BRSleeper2's profile Entries: 7
Views: 1504
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

08-15-2008 02:42 PM not a big fan of cherry picker...
I have pulled many motors out of many cars and trucks... But all we done in my parents garage with a steel beam and chain fall. This is my first cherry picker as there is no way my garaqe would support the old and now in my belief much easier way.

It was not at all difficult (but was first time ever doing it) to remove the bumper and clip section... but it was unexpected. Would have rather remove whole front clip but it was just me and it seems to have worked out well... chain now lines up very nicely. Another lesson learned.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

08-14-2008 02:26 PM I almost Cried...
My Beloved truck is officially gone forever... Had a alot of good times in the old girl... even lived in her for alittle while. Very sad to see her go. Farwell to "The Big Red Beast."

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

07-20-2008 11:27 AM Gettin there...
Well I am slowly but surely getting to the point were I am ready to pull the motor out of the monte and see if all these plans I have are actually going to come together. Have many hours in to cleaning the motor and the garage after the many multiple messes i made. I also think I have read more on this site and in manuals in the last 3 weeks than I have read in the last 3 years. Got 99% of the parts I need I believe... but I am sure I will come up with more. Here is a short list of some of the new stuff:
-Intake Manifold (edelbrock 2104)
-Edelbrock 1406 Carb
-Proform valve covers and air cleaner
-New timing chain and cover
-New Dual Hump Crossmember for th400
-Lokar Electric KickDown, Throttle Cable and bracket
-Headers and complete dual exhaust
-New rear rims (Stock rallye for the 78 Monte, But 14 x 8)
-4 BfGoodrich TA radials
-Aluminum custom driveshaft and yoke (as soon as I can get measurements
-And a boat load of other stuff.

This Cheap, quick engine swap has turned in to a bit more and a whole lot more money. Hope it all goes together!!!!

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

07-15-2008 11:53 AM Christmas in July
Got some of my parts in today... Have to say it is quite the motivator to have alot of the parts... Still waiting on the crossmember, electronic kickdown, throtte cable and a couple other small things. Priced the aluminum driveshaft and yoke (about $300), But have to wait till tranny is in car before I can get some measurements. Not happy about the chrome timing chain cover... must have clicked on wrong part. I wonder if chrome can be extremely scuffed and painted? Looks like more research on this fine site.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

07-14-2008 02:11 PM Motor out of Pickup... Lesson learned.
Well learned a few things pulling the motor out of the truck... First and for most if your going to let the air out of the front tires for more clearence... Make sure you are still able to put the cherry picker under the truck. 2ndly (which I am ready knew and was just dumb)when working under an old or any vehicle for that matter wear safety glasses. 3rd... it sucks when you get motor and tranny in air and you can't clear the front clip... Thank you neighbor for the help swinging everything over the front clip. I am adding some picks of the motor before cleaning, paint and updating. Will have before and after later.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

Pages (2): [1] 2