Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: A32flathead's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View A32flathead's profile Entries: 7
Views: 1679
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

01-09-2005 10:12 AM Plans......
In the immediate future, plans are to lower the car 4-6 inches, fit whitewalls & use the chrome full hubcaps.

Then...as time & money allow....this, but without the 2 door conversion...well, at least not yet ;o)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

01-09-2005 10:10 AM Dec 18th Update....
After spending a couple of days allowing WD 40 to penetrate the lug nuts on the drivers side of the Valiant, Matt & Tim and myself set to work trying to remove the drivers side lugnuts....

Tim went back to his shop to break out the big guns, returning with a 4 foot breaker bar...still no joy....

After a while, Mike came over to have a look at the car as he was in the area, hmm say's Mike, they wouldn't be reverse thread would they? I remember some car having left thread lugs on this side.....

30 seconds later, wheel was on the floor....... D' oh! When we looked at the lugs up close, they have the letters 'L E F T' stamped on them, couldn't see it through the rust n crud on them before...Oh well.

So, removed hubs, shoes, springs & wheel cylinders. Matts taken them to work to clean & re-build them for me. We got the water pump off & did a few other small bits.

All in all, a successful day (eventually)

Further updates coming soon.

[Entry #6]

01-09-2005 10:09 AM Vicky's new home
Very soon afterwards, we had her home.

1st inspection revals the following......

Needs a water pump, fluid change, filters, tune up, brake job & new tires.

We hope to have her on the road in a few weeks.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

01-09-2005 10:07 AM Nov 20th....Valiant hits the road...well
Several of my friends came over this morning, and within 10 min's of arriving at the house, the Valiant "Vicky" was sitting in the street for the 1st time in over 16 years

Big thanks to those that assisted.....

L-R

Me, Jeff, George, Matt, Mac & Renee (who braved the spiders to steer as we all pushed!!)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

01-09-2005 10:05 AM Nov 18th 04
George & I went to clear the area around the car today & give her a clean up in preperation for this Saturdays 'Big Move'

We cleared 16+ Years of pine needles & dirt from the roof & washed the car down using Scotchbrite pads & LOTS of elbow grease.

As you can see from the pictures, she looks to be in reasonable condition.

We even got the tailgate working, with its roll down rear glass.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

Pages (2): [1] 2