Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: sugar ray's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View sugar ray's profile Entries: 10
Views: 1501
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

08-16-2008 02:48 PM How sweet it is!
A nice feeling upon completion!
wait a minute! "completion" is probably a bad word because there always seems to be something that you want to do to your project car.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

08-16-2008 02:45 PM Trunk ROTT
After over 20 years of use and abuse the trunk floor ROTTED right out! A common rust area for these cars. Classic Industries provided a replacement trunk floor with new mat.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

08-16-2008 02:43 PM Interior finished PART 2
more interior pictures

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

08-16-2008 02:41 PM Interior finished!
Its got a stock look on the outside. but its far from stock

I have to confess as im a bit of a gaget buff! I have several aftermarket items built in the car that weren't even close to being a possibilty in 1979.

The rear view licence plate frame has a built in camera which is wired to a LCD monitor acting as my rear view mirror. 100% legal up here in O'canda? well...........not 100% sure. hopefully i wont get pulled over anytime soon to find out! LOL!

A JVC DVD/media reciever supplies the entertainment. its capable of playing all your favorite formats. from regular cd's, to mp3's. even watching a dvd is possible with the flip down sun visors that have built in screens. all in dash accesible. At night we cruise in style. the under chassy glows with neon blue while the outer door handles and under dash also provie a nice blue glow at night.

i use the NOS bottle very sparingly. while my 350 is built (forged pistons) to handle spray. Its never a good idea to over do it! I save it for the track, or on a very rare weak moment. I mounted the bottle between the 2 back seats for easy access. not that anyone ever sits back there anyways. ever sit in the back of a 79 bird? rediculoious. GM should have saved us the pain and made em 2 seaters

the rear end gear ratio has been upgraded. from 2.73 to 3.73. plenty of pop off the line. the turbo 350 tranny is probably the only thing i haven't changed on my project (knock on wood)
its been rock solid with thousands and thousands of miles on it since i purchased the car in 94. its been upgraded with a B&M shift kit and star shifter for ratchet action. a standard transmission cooler was also added.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

06-25-2008 03:16 AM Interior UGLY!
Yup...........the interior was so ugly it could have scared a dog off a meat wagon!

The door panels were no acception. everything from rips to speaker holes from previous stereo installs. NEW panels were NOT cheap by any means from classic industries but they sure do make a world of difference upon completing your interior restoration!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

Pages (2): [1] 2