Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Docc's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Docc's profile Entries: 2
Views: 875
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

12-13-2008 01:01 AM along the weird tale..
my therapy and hobby..a break from constant travel..was fixing and selling old Jags..and doing some hot rods..so grabbed the old war horse.

In 1976..I built a 327 for it..cleaned up the body..put in a rough interior from another project..and it was my daily..and parts runner.
I travelled alot from then until 1981/2..on the road for years..
It sat with my other projects
(I WISH I HAD)

Yeah..sometimes (RARELY) we get snow even here in Tucson..
Deville..

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

12-13-2008 12:57 AM The Heretic 120..35 years and counting
I bought my 1953 XK120 in 1974. It was an old racer that campaigned in SCCA C class out west mostly..until..1957 when it was converted to SBC power and raced in C/M class until late 60s or so. It was put aside..and given to THE ANUS OF THE UNIVERSE whose uncle bribed him to go to Univ OF AZ by giving him the old Jag.
Anusboy hated the Jag..hated this "hicktown" and wanted out badly..I helped him..

It was single aluminum bucket..alum floors..and metal dash with SW gauges..switches for fans..pump..on/off kill..big ugly roll bar..5 point belts..fuel cell in trunk..tired old GMC 6 and three speed..but NO RUST and very little body damage.
Lots of frame and brake mods for racing..extra thick SE torsion bars..dana LSD (rare)..all 4 brakes dual cyls manual adjust..proportioning valves..weird frame adjustable crossbar..etc..

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]