Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Wadeamca's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Wadeamca's profile Entries: 4
Views: 618
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

01-14-2008 08:04 PM Test Fit of "new" Engine
I just had to see what it would look like. Set the block on a couple pieces of angle iron laid across the chassis. Set the heads, intake & exhaust manifolds, distributor, carb & air cleaner in place. Lowered the body back down to the chassis to be sure I had engine as far forward as necessary.

Plenty of room & I really love the look of that little 283 sitting there. Looks like it will fit perfectly (after I replace the left-side exhaust manifold). Now to find the tranny to go with it........

Wayne

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

10-27-2007 09:17 PM My Project - '36 Hudson Terraplane
More photos - various stages of work. I even had to build the shop before I could so anything.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

10-27-2007 08:25 PM My Project - '36 Hudson Terraplane
I wanted something that few others have. I thought I had that until I was driving home one day and two miles from my house I saw a '36 Hudson Terraplane 4-Door Sedan. Out here in the middle of nowhere New Mexico, what are the odds.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

10-27-2007 08:13 PM My Project - '36 Hudson Terraplane
OK, Guys, here's mine. Definitely a work in progress. Lots of metal reshaping to be done, some (but not really very much) rust to fix. I'm not wanting a tire-smoking fire-breather - just something that will get me down the road smoothly, efficiently, reliably, and economically (both during and after project completion)
I'm putting in an '84 Ford 3.8 V6 & AT, and Front suspension from a '76 Toyota pickup and the rear end from an '81 Toyota pickup (both inexpensive and fit almost exactly).
This is my first project of this magnitude so I'll take any and all advice, suggestions, and criticisms y'all want to throw my way.

Wayne

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]