Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Slomotion34's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Slomotion34's profile Entries: 39
Views: 4367
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

10-03-2013 07:37 PM Crankcase Evac
Had to bite the bullet and install an evacuation system. I tried to run a PCV to the intake, but it wasn't keeping up with the pressure (oil consumption was high and oil on the valve cover). Kit seems to have dried it up quite a bit, consumption is down. Made some baffles for the valve covers out of perforated mild steel to keep the oil consumption low.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #39]

09-22-2013 10:40 PM More deliquent updates
Made a shifter mount/housing for the quarter stick.

Epoxy primered the floors.

Made an aluminum trans tunnel.

Made some rear seat brackets (the lower brackets are homemade as well).


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #38]

09-22-2013 10:36 PM Floors part 2 - A little late on the updates
The bolt in floor idea was just not a good one. I decided to weld the body on to the new 4130CM roll cage and be done with it. Floors were also welded in. They way it needs to be.... Allso made a frame for the rear window to replace the original wooden one from 4130 tubing and redid the headlight mounts.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #37]

09-22-2013 10:03 PM Steering column woes
I need a removable steering wheel to get in and out with the roll cage. I am using a shorty Ididit column and when I welded the gear on the end of the shaft, it expanded enough to loosen the bearings that located the shaft in the column. Result was a steering wheel that could move 1/4" in and out and occasionally lock up while steering. (Didn't know about the bearing until I took it apart). Couldn't find bearings with the large ID required, so the shaft got turned down on the lathe and good sealed bearings were pressed on. You can see the old bearing sitting on the smaller ID shaft in one of the pics. Miraculously got everything back together and everything functions 100%. Used a piece of 4130 to make a sleeve to adapt the gear to the shaft. It's stout.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #36]

09-22-2013 09:55 PM Trunk/passenger compartment panel
Had to separate the passenger compartment from the trunk. Welded an 18ga piece to extend below the front of the trunk top and used some 90 degree aluminum channel to secure the bottom. Went with .040 aluminum sheet (3 pieces) to completely seal everything off. Nutsert rivets and stainless 10-32 button heads for the mounting. Painted it black, so it's hard to see in the pics.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #35]

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.