Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: toolman1967's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View toolman1967's profile Entries: 7
Views: 1575
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

02-17-2011 05:58 PM Garage finished, back to truck
We spent the last year and a half adding on to the garage. 22x24 with a full upstairs for storage on one side and an open vaulted ceiling on the other side ready for a four post lift. Got a set of dropped spindles with disc brakes from Performance Online over the winter and put them on the truck last month.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

05-01-2010 06:59 PM New Interior
A friend came over this winter and brought a set of leather Chevy truck bucket seats. Due to my continued decline in health, I cant drive the truck too much, we are hoping that we can drive more now with more comfortable seats.

[Entry #6]

01-08-2008 09:06 AM More Bike Pics
I thought I might post a few more pics of some bike I have built and give an update on the truck. My youngest son and I tore the leafs ou t from under the truck last night and will be mounting the S-10 springs this week, I hope it rides better.
THe pics of the bikes...On eis a '58 panhead that was a basketcase when it showed up, it took 3rd place at an Easyriders bike show in Memphis a couple of years ago. the other one is a softail with a 100inch motor and 6 speed trans,,kit bike, nothing special

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

01-04-2008 08:59 AM no pics
I went to a local "Salvage Yard" the other day. This place is like the old yards where you get to walk around and look at parts. Most yards these days are guys sitting at computers...If you cant give a parts numbers or vehicle specific data they cant help you. Anyway this place is in Akin Illinois, about 10 miles from me. I was able to walk around and find what I wanted. They father and son who own the yard really know their stuff. I found a set of Chevy s-10 rear springs and tilt steering column for the '41. I also found 2 15 inch steel wheels for the rear end. I'm going with 15s in the back and 14s for the front. Steel wheels with Moon discs on them (always liked that look).With the new springs in back I might have to cut a coil on the front to give it the rake I'm after

[Entry #4]

12-30-2007 10:24 AM Bikes
I thought I would show a couple of bikes that I built. These are from the ground up...I did the chasis, tins and paint...EVERTHING, no one else touched these bikes until I sold them

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

Pages (2): [1] 2