Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: streetrodder31's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View streetrodder31's profile Entries: 10
Views: 2205
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

10-24-2009 08:16 PM Final getting around to start back up
Well everyone, i am getting ready to start back up on the ole 38 chevy. I have had some hard times with the economy and work not cooperating with me, i am sure there are others out there too. I am planning on still getting all the stuff mocked up on the truck, basically put it together to make sure everything fits the way i want and then a tear down and going for body work and metal work, and then paint and fun.. so i shall try and keep updated with pics and all. Again sorry i was such a slacker on here. hope nobody frowns really bad on me. your hotrodder Bill Taylor.

[Entry #10]

12-03-2008 09:11 PM Got Free time for a while!
Well all i finally got some time on my hands to work on the ole 38 pickup. Work has cut back do to the boeing strike, so work 4 off 3 yeah. i have now started on the bed to get it ready for placement so i can get ready to mount the new fuel cell i have got in the mail for it. got to know the distance cause i am mounting in the back and under the bed. so that is what i am up to right now. i will get some pics soon. take care. God bless all and our troops.

[Entry #9]

08-04-2007 07:19 PM It's been awhile, Sorry!
I have had to work a lot of over time at work, so the progress is real slow on my dad's truck. but i have no pics yet, but will get some soon. i have recently installed a lokar shifter and emergency brake on the floor. i also have installed the masterbrake booster on the firewall, and the pedal is secure so give on the fire wall as you push on the brake. that is done. and i have totaly rust prevented the intire cab. with por 15. that is great stuff. but i have a local body man say that the truck bed liner coating at your local walmart does the same thing. guess what! it comes in aerosayle and it covered real nice. dad took the original seats and having them redone. so i better get busy renforcing the inner part of the seat area where the fuel tank was so the seat will have better support. plus i have got the whole wiring harness in and waiting on the battery box, so it can be put in under the seats along with the harness. a whole lot more to come . So hope i will get the pics some time to show. next on the list is to order a fuel cell for the back and mount a shock mount for the top of the rear shocks. Take care and God bless the troops and everyone else.

[Entry #8]

01-20-2007 12:35 PM All right now for some more
Ok here are some more pics of the motor in. I have more to go.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

01-20-2007 11:53 AM Here is more.
Ok now for a little jumping around just a bit, Here is what is happening. I took a early 80's elcamino rearend and placed it under the rear, that is what we are going with for now i may change it out at a later date, as that being said, onward. I have now put in the engine and transmission mounts, tube style. ihave the motor mounts welded in like they showed me in the instruct. and the crossmember i have bolted it in. the pics show i have the cab back on with the motor in that is so i could tell where the motor was going to sit. making sure everything lined up. LOOKs good now.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

Pages (2): [1] 2