Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: keitho64's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View keitho64's profile Entries: 2
Views: 267
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

09-05-2012 12:20 AM 1969 Porsche 911 ( IROC Clone)
Here is the other 'rear engined' project that I reference as the German Corvair. :-)

I acquired this car in 2000 in MANY boxes. The first two pictures are how I found it and the rest are what it looks like now. It is powered by a 2.7L flat 6 Porsche, Weber carbs and mild cams. I would estimate it to be in the 180-190HP range. The car weights 2280 so it does not take a lot to make it move. It has a 5 speed gear box but with a 4.44 final drive and a .92 overdrive in 5th it is limited in top speed, but it will get there in a hurry.

Future plans for this car are the Ford EDIS / Mega Jolt and possibly port EFI if I really get carried away.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

09-05-2012 12:12 AM 1964 Chevrolet Corvair Monza
Here are a few pictures of the Corvair in progress and as it is now. I will not say 'completed' as they never are. The car has a 2.7l (164 CI) 110HP flat 6. It has been converted to 4 1bbl carbs, dual exhaust and a Pertronix ignition.

I am in the process of installing a Mega Jolt computer with a Ford EDIS ignition. I am also converting it from 4 1bbl carbs to a center mount 4bbl. This will be temporary as the ultimate goal is a center mount throttle body efi.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]