Here are a few shots of the dash and "package" tray on the Ranchero as they were primered and then painted. I may have jumped the gun a bit on this part. This is a single stage metallic (Candy Red of course) and I did not clear this after painting the single stage. It is very shiney and looks good, but I have decided to clear the exterior even though I am using the same base. I could go ahead and repaint befor final assembly, but that means doing some additional masking and prep along with some disassembly of the dash components. Hmmm - I'll keep ya'll posted on what I decide to do.
Next I'll post some shots of the final engine build and see if I can get a video of how it sounds. More to that story - isn't that always how it goes. I also will show how my buddy, Rich and I rewired all of the harnesses. I have photos, just need to locate them on the ole hard drive.
Tremendous project, but I was not posting my progress. I'm going to try to catchup here with some progress pix.
I was able to get ALL of the old rusted panels, floorboards and more rust off and out. Here are some shots of the interior of the truck as it was progressing. It is now completely rewired, painted, Vintage Air AC evap is in and everything fitted. I'll post more current picks as soon as I can.
First are a couple shots of what I started with. Not too bad until you start gettting into the details. But isn't that always the case. I'll post some of the interim shots later. In one of the shots you can see the Dynamat going in and the foam. I also sprayed the primer with the micro spheres after a coating of SPI White epoxy primer.
Brought my buddies over for the engine installation last Sunday afternoon. Dereck brought the beer and and I mated the tranny and bell housing to the block and we were able to install with the headers in place. Had to remove the right side ones briefly to get past the shock tower braces.
First shot is of my buds helpin' me - They're great guys! Matt, Rich and Dereck.
The other two are pretty self explanatory. I sure was happy to see this stage completed. Now I can't wait to get to the point of firing it up!
During the week, I got the front suspension on and ready for the new disc brakes. Stock springs, but I did the "Shelby Mod" on the upper control arms and lowered them 1" and back 1/8" for better cornering. I put the shims back exactly how they were, but I'm sure that will need to change once I get everything in place and the engine/tranny back in. I'm having some difficulty with the new sway bar so off to the forums to see if I can get any feedback.