Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: klutchmaster427's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View klutchmaster427's profile Entries: 19
Views: 4220
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

12-06-2011 01:24 AM Bell Crank Fix
Here's a couple pics of the bell crank mount I made for the clutch. There was nothing for the driver's side of the bell crank to mount to. Took a piece of angle iron, drilled two holes to bolt it to the firewall, and cut a slot for the bellcrank stud to set in. Works great! Might look a bit tacky, but in time I'll see about making something a bit nicer. Did this several months ago, but just found the pictures. Cars in storage right now. Back to work in a few months.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #19]

08-10-2011 09:28 PM Moving Forward...
Got the brakes all hooked up today. No fluid or anything yet, but all the lines are hooked up. Swapped the good master cylinder in from the '51.
Got the clutch linkage almost done. Stole the engine-side bracket off the '51 and need to fab one up for the frame-side to hold the other side of the bell crank.
But alas, I'm venturing off to California for the next two weeks, so everything's gonna be on hold for a while. Maybe I can catch a few sweet car shows and pick up a couple new parts while I'm there. who knows!
More two come in a couple weeks!!
In the meantime, here's another shot of the car.


(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #18]

08-09-2011 11:43 PM Got the engine in...
So I got my motor mounts in on Friday, and finally got around to getting them installed yesterday. The engine's all mounted up and everything seems to fit good. The driveshaft was the perfect length, so I don't have to pay anyone to shorten it! The tranny mount hangs over the crossmember about 3 or 4 inches, so I'll build up something to attach it to the crossmember at some point in the near future. Here's a couple pics of the motor and the motor mounts I got from Langdon's. If you're doing this swap, BUY THESE. They are amazing!

As for today, I actually got the engine running. Still need to buy a set of cut to fit wires so the ones on it right now look like crap. Old and WAY too long, came off my 86 Silverado. BUT they work. Oil filter relocation kit is installed. Looks ugly but what the hell. The hoses will be cut short to fit nicely after I install the front clip so I can see where things are going to go. So anyway...runs good, sounds good....next up is fabbing up new throttle and clutch linkages and then getting the master cylinder in and the brakes done.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #17]

08-04-2011 11:52 AM Engine Mock Up
So it's not a full out mock up, but I got the clutch reassembled and the tranny and engine mated up, so thought I'd stick it in part way and see where the new tranny was gonna' land in relation to the stock crossmember. No motor mounts yet so can't see everything perfectly, but I can get the idea at least. With the tranny mount directly over the stock crossmember, the cooling fan is EXACTLY where the radiator should go, so the engine needs to be slide back about 3 inches. That same 3 inches will get it exactly where it needs to be to connect to the driveshaft also. Just need to make sure the tail housing is mounted high enough to allow the Hurst Mastershift to clear the crossmember. Hopefully I can fab up some sort of trans mount to allow it to bolt to the stock crossmember without having to cut the old one out and installing a whole new one. I should be getting my motor mounts front Langdon's either Saturday or Monday, so once I get the engine position right and get it bolted it in, I can start designed a mount for the tranny.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

07-29-2011 04:53 PM Rear End Installed
Got the rear end out of the '51 painted up and installed. After some googling on the casting numbers it appears to be from a 63 'vette with 3.11 gears. Next up is the front end.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.