I started this project with a new set of black bucket seats that i was planning on bolting in. But after realizeing i was going to have to build brackets to lift them up so a person could see out the truck cause they sat so low, I went with the bucket besides now my wife can sit next to me!! So I had a friend that had a bench seat that the foam was goo but it needed a new seat cover so we traded. I Bought a nice black seat cover with some gray in it looks nice and after a few swear words the cover was on and now the seat is bolted into place!!!! I can sit in it and see out lol... I will get some pictures posted of the up dates.
So I have been trying to get my driver line figured out. I found one a a salavage yard out that was the perfect length. Then i had to just work on getting from the drive line to the slip yoke and then the pinon yoke. I went to the local shops and they said that no one made that conversion u joint that i needed. So i was looking into going with a different yoke set up, when i heard about the old guy in town that made custom driveline and had for years. So i went over to his shop showed him my yoke and drive line he didn't pull out a tape measure to measure them or even open a book for part numbers he just walked over to his self handed me the conversion u joints i needed. I was very impressed i should even have wasted my time with local part stores!!!!! But I finaly got it put to gather to find out that the seal the parts store got for me is the wrong seal!!!! So now all i lack is the real pinyon seal.
About 2 years ago i bought a 1970 c10 shortbed fleet side. All it was was a rolling chasse Brand new black paint job and wheels and tires that was it. All the electrical was stuffed into a box in the bed and was a huge mess. No carpet or seats gauges or anything. About the same time my buddy bought a 69 camero and wanted to take out his sb 350 and his 700r4 trans. So i bought them from him. We thought the motor was stock and just ran pretty good. I pulled off the heads and found a set of pop up pistons. I threw a set of ported aluminum heads with ss oversized valves and a big lunati cam, new lifters rockers push rods. a demoned 750 carb. and then set the motor into place. Man it sounds good!!!!! I have pulled the bed off and scraped the frame and painted it. I put black carpet and some chrome door stills. A covin classic dash with a nice set of gauges. I currently am working on the wiring mess now. Then i'm going to put in a nice bench seat. In the near future i'm going to put a 177 blower in it, shave the door handles and put a fuel cell in the bed and have the hole in the cab filled.