Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: drchip's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View drchip's profile Entries: 5
Views: 785
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

12-04-2009 03:42 PM Con't
Con't I put the rear seats on hinges so i can fold them foward to utilise space behind them for battery, stereo etc.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

12-04-2009 03:41 PM Con't
Con't.......... These are the latest. Body work pretty done , reassembled so I can finish block sanding better. Final primer coat is the epoxy primer to seal for top coat. The roof has holes drilled for the Juliano's top kit. Dash has been filled and drilled for the VDO gauges. Put back in to finish the steering shaft. Got a 51 ford wheel that I thought looked pretty cool. Ididit made an adapter for their shorty column. $300 !!!!!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

12-04-2009 03:24 PM Continued
Con't..... These are my current rides. The white truck is a 40 ford cab with 40 chev frontend, corvette LT1 w/ 6 speed and all corvette drive train. I'd like to sell it to finance the 35 build ..$12000

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

12-04-2009 03:23 PM Continued
Con't.......... The nomad is the car that was with the 35 when I found it.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

12-04-2009 03:15 PM My Story
Well, I started my journal with the help of my bride and heres my story. A little history: Over the years I've started many projects, got discouraged and sold them. Had some pretty neat stuff too. Anyhoo, when I got to where kids were gone and financial pressures eased up, I bought a turn key 40 pickup with 'vet running gear. Then I bought a 56 vicky for my wife to drive. Realised its a whole lot easier and cheaper to buy a turnkey. But deep down I had an empty spot cause I'd never done one myself. Then while on vacation down in Pa., we stopped at a rural gas station just to streatch our legs in the parking lot. When I noticed the owner looking out at us I thought I'd better walk over and explain. As I got to the door I saw that he was working on a 63 fairlane- tubbed, all new front suspension, with a built 460 (Ithink) sitting next to it."Wow thats pretty cool" I exclaimed, He drawled "yea, and then I got to get at my 55 nomad when I get that done". Sure enough, back in the corner under a pile of junk was a real decent 55 nomad. "Wow thats pretty cool too!" I said. Yea he says, and then I got that 35 over there - thats my brothers and he aint gonna do anything with it and I'm sick of it in here, he needs to sell that. Over in another corner under another pile of junk was my future 35. It grabbed me right by the heart. Well, dispite my swearing never to get involved in another project, a month later I was heading to Pa with a car hauler. I figured I'm retired (was a rural veterinarian and was blessed enough to sell my practice) and have more time and ok financially now. Thats where the journal starts. The guy had a bit**chn floor half installed, superbell dropped axel, pararell leaf spring kit, 4 wheel disk conversion, replacement body panels, 4 fiberglass femders, 8" ford rearend, new running boards, and a bunch of misc. stuff. I figured it was worth the 5 g's. I bought a 351 windsor and a T5 tranny to put in it. Found out why everyone runs chevys - tight fit. Have Edelbrock heads, dual quad, cam , headers, etc. in my bedroom waiting for the build, should be around 420 horse. Been a fun learning experience, and I appreciate all the info I've got from many people.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]