Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: sparkydog's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View sparkydog's profile Entries: 39
Views: 5185
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

07-30-2012 11:21 AM Updates July 2012
I stopped posting on this site quite awhile ago. Many things have changed. The hood and front fenders are now 3 inches shorter. New 60/40 bench seat in the front. X-cab rear seat from the 96 GM truck has been adapted to fit in the IH cab. 3/4 lowering kit. Mustang Cobra SVT wheels (for now) using lug adapters. I still have several body mods to do and then bondo, primer, blocking and all that good stuff. Plexi windows are in the rear doors for mockup and to figure out how to adapt the rollup mechanism to the shorter door.

This Summer the truck has been my daily driver. Hopefully this Fall I can tear it down a bit and do some more work.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #39]

08-24-2010 10:32 PM Progress shot
Here is the truck with 4 doors on it.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #38]

08-16-2010 02:54 PM Finishing up the roof
I reworked the roof blend. I had not liked what my 1st tack-up looked like and I had also cut the metal too short. So yesterday I did it over and it looks good. I used a contour gage to find the curve to my roof and then found a corresponding section of donor metal.

Well the first pic is wrong - but oh well this site doesn't let us modify pictures .... kind of odd really.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #37]

08-13-2010 10:44 PM Got 4 Doors
From 15ft I have accomplished a lot. Get any closer and there is still a LOT of details to finish.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #36]

08-11-2010 12:18 AM Lights
Front and rear lights and horns are wired and working. I used one 1997 GM horn and one 1967 IHC horn to create my horn section.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #35]

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8