Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: octanejunkie's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View octanejunkie's profile Entries: 1
Views: 613
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

12-24-2009 07:18 AM Background: why I am here
I got started late in life on the Hotrodders journey when I fell in love with the 58/59 model year Chevy Task Force truck from a picture in a magazine, typical right? I hardly knew anything about these trucks and nothing about rebuilding one, but I had to have one from the first time I saw one in person at a local car show, so my hunt began. In the spring of 1999 my girlfriend saw "an old truck" at her work often, it was owned by the parking lot attendant at the restaurant she worked for at the time, and she kept asking him if he wanted to sell it, one day he said yes, and down I went to see the truck; honestly it was already a done deal in my mind.

Long story short, the truck is a '59 1/2 ton Chevy pickup, yes I married the girl, we had a daughter and we are now getting divorced; but I still have the truck. It has been over 10 years since i first got the truck and knew nothing about hotrodding, engines, restoration, auto electrical, etc - I was green but I was determined.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]