Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: fourspeedwagon's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View fourspeedwagon's profile Entries: 5
Views: 828
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

04-05-2012 08:10 PM 65 SS Project
So, the wagon runs and drives, It's far from nice but I really wanted to work on something that I think my wife will enjoy. So I got this red hardtop with a (yuck) automatic transmission. It's really similar to a car my Gramma drove back when they were new. Hers was aqua but equipped almost the same. 327, glide, white buckets/console and a black vinyl top. I'm not sure if it'll go back with the white interior or not.
A nom fully balanced 327 will be going in, it's all built and ready to go. Performer RPM AirGap, Edelbrock carb, 2.02 heads, and bumpstick of unknown origin. I've got a powerglide and a 700r4, it'll just depend on cash on hand as to whether the od goes in straight away or if I will have to drive with the 2 speed for a bit. (but it will go in at some point)
The chassis has been sandblasted and powder coated now and the bodywork is beginning. Grind the paint, bondo off, weld up the very slight rust spots.

The pics- it's the red car (blue and white are parts cars I got with it) the pic from yesterday at the bodyshop (no paint or front clip) and a shiny pic thats what I hope it will look like.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

05-28-2010 01:54 PM 454 in the hole!
Well, it's got the big ol' lump in place. Right after this photo, the headers went on and I felt the need to arc the starter and listen to the sweet music of an uncorked big block- just for a few seconds (radiator wasn't in place yet)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

05-13-2010 02:37 PM the big mill ready for the draggin wagon
Fresh coat of paint on the big block (electric aqua) and the t-10 all set ready to set into the newly painted bay of the 64 chevelle wagon. Rebuild on a 350 was nearly complete, but a good deal on the big block means that I have a spare small block for the next project I guess...
May not be the prettiest, fastest, etc. but with limited funds should be good for lots of fun. About one mile from my house is the famous Renegade Raceway (!) so once she's rollin, I'll let you know what it can do in the quarter. Mostly stock 454, with full length headers for now. Probably a 268 degree/510 lift cam, aluminum dual plane intake and street hp carb after the summer ends. That's the current thought, but they do change- sometimes quickly.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

03-07-2010 07:09 PM cars I miss
Here are a couple of the ones that I've had a moved on from. And a bonus shot of ol' Bluford. Just try to guess which one that is!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

03-07-2010 07:06 PM My four speeds, aka the rogues gallery
Some pictures of my pets

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]