Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 73 Nova Guy's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 73 Nova Guy's profile Entries: 9
Views: 1986
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

12-03-2008 10:47 PM Swinger
My fuse panel is gonna need to be replaced. Or maybe I will fix whatever made it do this...

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

12-03-2008 10:41 PM Swinger
Original Build sheet

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

12-03-2008 10:36 PM Some pics
These are a few pics of the Swinger.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

12-03-2008 10:32 PM Swinger Update
I have pulled the tranny on my swinger to replace the front seal. It has been dumping fluid since I bought it in 2004 and now I have fixed it. I was too injured to work on the car due to the aforementioned hand caught in machinery.

I lost one bolt that mounts the engine to the trans. The tranny is in good shape and has no other visible leaks it hasn't been pulled since it was new. There was original paint on every piece I took off.

I lost a needle bearing on the u joint at the rear end but put it together anyways. The tailshaft has a big vibration damper on it. The rubber seating grommets for the bolts that mount it are trashed.

Next up is to replace the front wheel bearings and seals. At the same time I plan to put all new rubbers on the front end. full suspension re build time.

Unfortunately I just got the 30 day warning I am being laid off at work. This means that I will be holding off til after new years to do the front end rebuild.

Good news is that it is parked in doors out of the rain and will not be getting beat up outside anymore!

[Entry #6]

01-21-2008 09:27 PM I joined a Swingers Club!
This last weekend I took advantage of my time off due to a
'fingers pulled out of socket by vicious machinery" wound leading to a workmans comp vacation. While working on my Swinger I found the original assembly line build sheet in the seat springs of the car. I tore it up as I removed it thinking it was trash. I was incredibly hurt by this. I did take a few pics of the events that followed. I removed the original carb and replaced it with a holley rebuilt cater with a custom top piece. The first one was a bust and the second is good. I also put a new cap on the original rear u-joint. I changed the oil with some racing style straight 30. I tuned the carb and went for a few burnouts around town. I found a bit of spot rust in the trunk cause I left it open in the rain a month ago.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

Pages (2): [1] 2