I took my old battery box and converted it to a drop down design that fit my 52 chevy truck. A friend loaned me one that he bought, to my dismay it did not drop far enough for me. To get the battery out, I did not want to cut my new floors like the original. I looked at drawer slides, springs etc. This is what I came up with: angle iron cut like the number seven bolted to the frame for complete take down, remote jumpers (like drag racers use) in the cab linked to the battery in case I need jumping off. This will fit a group 24 battery.
How: I swaped battery box sides. Notice the three cuts on the far left of the picture, that was originally the one nearest the front of the truck. They must have hit something because it was bent pretty good. I do not have torch so relief cuts and a big O hammer was used.
I know it has been a while, new job, new time, more Hot Rod. I promise to catch everyone to speed. I am wiring and added the final two gauges. One wrong move...I need a bench seat because we will need more space for the boys and my wife. Gas tank is in with gauge. I am still trying to figure out where to put my battery. Stay Tuned.
Here are the pics of my many times that I cut my fire wall to decide what I was actually going to do. If you remember I went with a curved tunnel for the distributer.
I never mocked up a motor before. With guidence from a friend, I opted to raise the motor and off center it by 1/2 inch for header clearance on the driver side. I have made a tunner and I will have to c-nothc the cross member for the drive shaft. I found that out later.