Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: flathead's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View flathead's profile Entries: 17
Views: 2694
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

08-01-2006 10:08 PM Some progress
I did a little work on the dash and doors. One piece glass, electric windows and up and down switch for the doors and a new look for the dash. More to come, I hope. Also did a dropped axle and AirRide on all four corners.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #17]

08-01-2006 10:05 PM Some progress
I did a little work on the dash and doors. One piece glass, electric windows and up and down switch for the doors and a new look for the dash. More to come, I hope. Also did a dropped axle and AirRide on all four corners.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

02-20-2006 07:02 PM engine install
Well, it looks like it's going to fit! The original engine was a 6, so nothing is the same.
The next is putting the fenders back on and locating the MSD box.
Looks like the hoods going to fit. . . That's the original radiator, of course it only has about 76000 miles on it. That is also the original license plate and it looks like it did the day it came out of prison. . . The date is 46 and then for a few years you would get a tab that wrapped around the upper corner with the current year, in this case 48.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

10-30-2005 12:47 PM Lost photo's
Somehow they just reappeared.

The 1st is of my friend Ray on the left and my oldest son Chris.
The other is the engine. It's hard to see, but if you look to the left of the intake, in the shadows, you can see the two blue hoses that are from the full flow oil filtering system. We used the kit from Red's, along with his instructions. It seems to be working. With a stock pump the pressure is right on 75 lb. Probably more than needed, but without reducing the internal spring pressure that's what it is. Also below the MSD ignition is an MSD coil and below that is the 6Al box. We used a late style starter and the 4 97's have all been rebuilt by me. The tops looked a little rough, so I gave them a fast coat of POR 15. That stuff is amazing. It's hard to tell from powdercoating.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

10-29-2005 07:06 PM It's running
Well, it finally happened. It runs. Got the stand made to fire the engine and then the starter didn't have enough reach to make good contact with the ring gear. We had to take the starter apart and machine a little over 1/4" from the starter housing. It worked good priming the pump and checking the compression, but for some reason it didn't when we tried to start the engine. Fired it up and sounded really good and checked for oil pressure and leaks of any kind. Little by little we noticed a drip of oil. The longer it ran the more and faster it leaked. Monday I'll pull the pan and clutch and flywheel and try to find the leak. In the process of installing the full flow oil filter system we had to put a small line near the crank and flywheel and maybe the flywheel is rubbing, because the leak is getting larger. I have some pictures to go with the B.S. but I can't seem to find them on this computer. Well maybe later.

[Entry #13]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4