Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: ekwoodard's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View ekwoodard's profile Entries: 5
Views: 1027
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

10-30-2010 11:29 AM First body mock up
The rear of the body will conceal the frame, and will actually sit4-5 inches lower. The front of the body will sit an inch or two higher off the frame to allow for door clearance and a support rail to run the length of the body. I will conceal the frame with custom skirts. I will have to modify the fenders to fit, although I may pickup a set of 34-35 skirted fenders to save myself having to add the skirts. I will be working on the frame over the winter. That's my wife in the drivers seat(currently a milk crate turned upside down).My nephew Mikey is with her in the last pic. Initially I wanted to chop the top; now I am unsure I will get the frame done build the steel skeleton for the body as it is and then see what it looks like. In one of the pics my sister's boyfriend and nephew are on the side of the Coach.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

10-30-2010 11:22 AM S-10 chassis
I finally got the body removed from the S-10 yesterday. I left the suspension under it for the time being. I will be rebuilding and using the front suspension and steering. The rearend will be swapped with a rearend from a later S-10 with disc brakes. I will build a new suspension system for the rearend. The frame will be shortened both front and rear. The rear will be lifted 3-4 inches; the front might end up lowered 1-2 inches(won't know until I get the rear done and have tires on it). The rear of the body will conceal the frame in the rear after it is shortened. I will actually bend the rear frame rails in to act as a cross-member/concealed bumper.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

09-11-2010 11:33 PM Unloaded
Before making repairs to the trailer I had to get it unloaded. I called over some friends and we cleared it pretty quick. In the picture when the coach is still on the trailer you can see that it is full of various parts. NO, I did not leave them outside to rust worse than they were. I cleared the garage and had them in the next day.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

09-11-2010 11:24 PM Bringing the 32's home
I found two 32 Chevy's in Billings for $500 and headed to get them. I borrowed a flatbed trailer from a friend since mine was only big enough for one. The trip was going fine until I blew a tire 300 miles from Boise. I turned off the freeway to find a tire shop and hit a rock with the other tire on the same side. The wheel was destroyed and the axle bent. After getting the other good tire moved to that side I limped back to Boise. The Coach is the one I am building. I will either trade the Sedan for parts or build it down the road.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

09-09-2010 12:04 AM 1932 Chevy Coach-Boise State theme
1932 was the first year of Bronco football. Being a lifelong fan and having spent five years working on a history book I came up with the idea to build a Bronco Themed Rod for tailgating. I couldn't believe my wife was actually excited about this project and even agreed to help out ( she usually hates my projects).

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]