Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: BmoreChevy55's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View BmoreChevy55's profile Entries: 4
Views: 513
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

10-09-2010 07:23 PM brakes
everything is ready to go minus roller bearings. i spent the majority of the grinding stuck bolts, punching out races and rivets, and cleaning the drive spindle. took a lot of time but happy to get it all out of the way. also painted the caliper mounts red. i'm going to order the master cylinder tonight with bearings. the bearings i bought werent the right size.

the engine needs to be tackled but i just don't now enough at this point. not sure we its not starting all of a sudden. i think first order is to check the plugs and rebuild the carb.

[Entry #4]

09-17-2010 08:27 PM brake conversion
the kit is in! tomorrow is the first step, we strike at dawn

[Entry #3]

09-05-2010 01:50 PM Pics
Some pictures

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

09-05-2010 01:48 PM Chevy 55 long bed
Hi, my name is Anthony and i've impulsively acquired a 55 chevy truck with a 327 small block. outside of putting a new battery in, i've done nothing yet. i'm not mechanically inclined but i have internet access and am determined to get this beauty functioning and then tackle the aesthetics. i'm hoping this helps with documentation and advise, thanks in advance.

currently, the front drum brakes are NOT operational. there is no resistance on the pedal. i plan on ordering the 6 lug disc conversion from brothers with power brake conversion kit. the master cylinder cap is stuck...

opportunities:
-power steering conversion
-oil/filter change
-exhaust replacement
-loose gearshift
-sway bars
-cooling system

any advice or tips are appreciated.

[Entry #1]