Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Too Many Projects's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Too Many Projects's profile Entries: 5
Views: 913
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

09-19-2013 07:14 AM continued
I bought Allen Grove brackets for the PS pump, alt and A/C compressor. The alt brackets interferred with the neck on the PS pump reservoir that prevented the pump from full belt adjustment travel, so I modified that too. I ended up buying a manual hose crimper to make the A/C hoses myself. I like that I could build them 1 at a time and route them individually rather than trying to mark and cut them all and then take them somewhere to have them crimped. I had to fab a crossfoot wrench to tighten the hoses under the dash. I fabed up a panel to mount the controls under the dash. I drove the car to a service shop and had the system evacuated and charged. The A/C works great !!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

09-19-2013 07:03 AM More changes
Made a LOT of changes to the car last month. Pulled the entire front clip, engine and trans. Changed out the TH350 for 200r4. I had to extend the crossmember for the new trans mount location. Added Vintage Air which necessitated a Cooling Components electric fan. Lost the single quad tunnel ram for an Edelbrock Performer RPM. Swapped out the manual rack for power and converted the spring and coil suspension to QA-1 coil overs. I alos built a trailer hitch to tow a small camping trailer but the transmission can't stay cool enough. The existing aluminum radialtor doesn't have an intercooler for the trans and the fan forced cooler under the floor just isn't working out. I have a new rad on the way from Cooling Wizards. Hope it's as good as they claim.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

07-21-2013 09:07 PM Recovered seats
Recovered the seats, added carpet and seat belts.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

12-18-2012 07:08 PM Headliner
Can't really see the ceiling very well in the before pic, but it was bare metal. I had a custom headliner and windlace made and installed. Looks sooooo much better.

Changed out the steering wheel too. It came with a 13.5 inch with holes in the spokes and I installed a 15 inch with slots.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

11-02-2012 07:53 AM 1938 Chevrolet coupe
I made the first change to my new toy. I like bumpers on these cars and bought new brackets and a polished stainless bumper from Rock Valley. After installing the front bumper I was not pleased with how far it was from the grille/fenders. I removed the brackets and after studying them for a bit, decide to "modify" them. I cut off over 2 inches and used the front mounting hole as the rear and made new holes for the front bolt. I moved the bumper back 3 inches and I really like how it looks now.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]