Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: chief36chevy's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View chief36chevy's profile Entries: 271
Views: 32965
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (55): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

08-17-2014 03:43 PM Grill shell and radiator and hood.
I picked up the unit with my engine hoist and installed it in the truck. I then carefully picked up my hood with my engine hoist. Note all the tape I used to protect the paint and chrome.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #271]

08-17-2014 03:03 PM Grill shell and radiator
I finally got my grill shell back from the chrome. I assembled it as a unit to install it in my truck. I blacked out the cross pieces in the grill is the were a pain to polish. I lowered the radiator/evaporator/ fan assembly in to the grill to install as a unit.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #270]

08-17-2014 02:59 PM Tailgate
I got a tailgate from Mar-K for a 39 as they had Chevrolet in scrip. I also got the stainless steel Tailgate Link Assembly.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #269]

08-17-2014 02:57 PM Bed floor
A few years ago (about 20) I had a wild cherry tree cut down in my back yard. I had it milled into boards and they been lying around every since. I planed some down and machined them into bed floor boards so that I could use the stainless hidden fastener strips. I test fitted them before I finished them. After finished the boards with a brush I found a lot of brush marks in the finish. After sanding them down with 120, 220,and 320 I found that I still have some divots from the planer so I applied another brush coat to fill in the divots. The problem is that I have to wait several days before I can sand. After sanding with 220 and 320 I applied a coat with a HVLP sprayer and thinned it with 10% mineral sprits.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #268]

08-17-2014 02:54 PM Almost new seats cont.
I needed to trim the wiggle wires to match the originals in the seat bottoms. The end result was a seat that was a little lower than the old seats.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #267]

Pages (55): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.