Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: hman17024's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View hman17024's profile Entries: 6
Views: 679
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

04-25-2013 09:37 PM 700r4 rebuild
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Its been awhile since i last added to my journal. My 700r4 has been fighting me every step of the way. Any one reading this debating weather or not to try and rebuild one by them self for the first time I say the heck with what people tell u. If you think you can do it and like to learn new things i say go for it.I had a lot of trouble from the get go. First off i didn't have the proper tools, or books. A big thanks to fellow hot rodder Dog Water and the knowledge he passed down. I made my own tools , bought Atsg Book along with gm book and a dvd. My clearance were wrong with the reverse input drum and also the 3rd and 4th clutches. I fixed that and realized while my wife was throwing away some trash , she threw away a box with all my valve body bolts and a bunch of other little misc. parts. 60-80 dollars later i get all the parts i was missing. I put the main components together and all i have left is to hook it up and run the lines. i encourage people to give it a shot and take it one piece at a time as not to get overwhelmed

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

12-04-2012 07:50 PM The rebuild kit for my 700r4
I bought this kit for 135 bucks at Advance Auto auto parts. It seems to have every thing I need. I don't know for sure if I'm going to stick with this kit I might return it and buy a different one.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

12-04-2012 06:05 PM Transmission rebuild tear down part 1
I finally started to tear apart my transmission. I was hesitant at first but I did a lot of research and got some videos. I went full retard and labeled every thing and took pictures of every thing step by step. Once I took off the oil pan I saw really black sludge which tells me some thing went horribly wrong.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

11-25-2012 03:24 PM Finally dropped the transmission
So I finnally managed to drop my 700r4 along with the torque converter. It's pretty hard to be crawling under my truck when u have a herniated disk in my back that keeps pushing against my nerves.... What can I say I'm really passionate about my truck. I also found out y my speedometer didn't work one of the plastic gears is broken,

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

11-19-2012 07:03 AM Transmission rebuild
I'm dropping my 700r4 and going to debate wether to rebuild it my self or buy one from monster transmission. I start to drop it and I'm already starting to have trouble with it the guy who worked on my truck well when made my cross member he didn't keep in mind I might drop the transmission one day ( f' in ****** bag) :/

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

Pages (2): [1] 2