Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: richlin2's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View richlin2's profile Entries: 62
Views: 16504
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (13): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

11-18-2014 05:32 PM more paint off and others
The paint is coming off ok, had to do another swipe as striper goop dont work as good when temp gets bellow 60s. While waiting for goop to work put on rad over flow tank, nice chrome one. Also, cleaning up brake calipers and painting red, will do master cylinder the same. I guess Ill have to wait till spring for final paint. No big deal have lots of other work to do for final assembly. Be busy all winter... My Eastwood high speed sander froze up. I took it all appart and the air rotator is froze up. Anybody know how to unlock it. I guess Ill boil it in oil.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #61]

11-05-2014 08:10 PM Removing da Paint
My sand blaster guy had to go into the hospital again, so I guess I got to paint off myself. My wifes brother said he did a couple of cars using a citristrip paint remover product. Smells like lemon. So I got a bottle and so far its working pretty good. The drill you see is a THORS SpeedDrill my DAD had when he was building tanks for WWII. I put a new cord on it , cleaned the comutators and she works like a drill.
This is one heavy duty drill with a half inch chuck. You dont what to use it around fumes the thing sparks when drillen. The pic of the rear spring is a new set I put on. Speedway had a garage sale on 3 inch lower super slide leafs, 70 bucks off. With the frame sitting there bare I noticed the driver side about inch and a half lower. So the old springs had to go.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #60]

10-22-2014 07:05 PM Replacing rust
The cab floor was rusted out right where the hold down bolts got through. I cut out the rusted metal and going to replace with 1/8 in. plate. I made a end cap for the bottom of the door sill.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #59]

10-09-2014 08:43 PM Brake lines done
When I was at the bone yard i took some brakets off a Ford Explorer for the front brake lines. At the time they looked as I might be able to use-um. That I did. I first tried to weld them on the frame, but my little wire welder didnt have enough poop. So I drilled holes and taped um for a #10 screw. Did good. I also drilled and taped the holes for the clips to hold the lines to the frame. I used a stainless braket kit from Speedway. Bad news from my sand blaster guy, he been in the hospital for a spell, lost 60lbs, looks it, so I guess thats why he handt been answering the phone. We talked for a while and he said he could do the cab in a couple of weeks. His prices doubled, I guess he got some Med. bills. Ill give him a go after a while and pay his price, wish I could give him more, he is a good ol boy. On that lact Pic I went over those welds another time and got a lot better coverage.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #58]

09-29-2014 12:11 AM repairing the rust out
I made up a cardboard template of the area to be recovered. It worked out ok. Flip it over and it worked for the other side as well.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #57]

Pages (13): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13