Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: richlin2's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View richlin2's profile Entries: 93
Views: 26867
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (19): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

07-22-2016 08:28 AM on again off again
Took off both rear fenders for repaint. Painted a rubberized coating on bottom side of fenders, did this on front fenders too. My son had two bolts made from round stock at the machine shop. They are exact copies of original. These are for the hood to spring. Installed the rubber filler between cab and front fenders. I also loosened the bolts on the gas tank so I could jiggle it around for a better fit for the gas cap on the bed.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #92]

07-04-2016 03:12 PM On the road again
Added another 20 mi driving around the subdivision. The doors don't look shut, I found the striker
plate can be adjusted in this case all the way out. The doors shut tight now. Got a whole lot of work to go before she is ready for the road. When I look at these pictures I cant help thinking about that 50 ford f1 that was sold on one of those auction shows for 39000.00. The truck had a new running gear and motor but they put the old body back on rust and all. The tv guy was pocking his finger in the rust holes in the running board and saying boy isn't that something.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #91]

06-10-2016 10:15 PM DOORS, When your strange
Got the doors painted, missed some spots, more sanding and painting. All those parts are what goes inside the doors. I took these apart four years ago. Looks like a jigsaw puzzle. But I'm working on it and its coming back to me. My son finished the bed strip all needs to be done in final adjustments and paint. Painted the wind glass frames. Check out the dice.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #90]

06-03-2016 08:59 PM Looks like a truck
Got the hood on. Doing a lot of the small jobs like set eng timing and putting all the small stuff back on. That bolt pictured is the one that bolts spring to the hood. I only have one and cant find another one anywhere. My son may be able to make some for me where he works. Put 30 mi driving in the neighborhood checking everything out. The pwr brakes work great, stops on a dime.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #89]

05-16-2016 10:19 PM front fenders back on and other stuf
Finished the floor and bolted down the seats. Laid down insulation for heat and noise then covered
with a vinyl floor covering from LMC. Button down wiring harness eng. compartment. Painted front fenders and installing, many bolts
I had a fella send me a message thanking me for my post said he enjoyed watching the build of my truck. I tried to send a message back and got clicking around in the journal and ended up deleting his message. So thank you for your message.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #88]

Pages (19): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19