Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: richlin2's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View richlin2's profile Entries: 68
Views: 18683
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (14): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

03-23-2015 01:03 PM Working on the boards
Glued small strips to the outer edges of the end boards and routed for fit. Some of the neighbors came over for breakfast Sat morning. We have some rose bushes out back there and the deer just love um. They also empty out the bird feeders.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #67]

02-26-2015 11:39 PM Truck Bed almost done
Got all the boards laid out ok, have issues with the sides not being square. Going to have to glue some strips to the end boards and then route them down to size for a nice even fit with no gaps. More green paint off the firewall. progress slow but shure. The TV raised up on the wall is great.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #66]

02-22-2015 12:22 AM Truck Bed wood
My Son came over to help on the truck and brought a 42inch TV for the shop. We installed a wall mount
and put her up. Had to set up the router to expand the grooves out a 1/16 inch on the boards. The first
try was a bit short. After placing a couple of boards with the strips the holes became covered up for the next board. Routing them with the new dimension did the job, boards fit just fine. Cab doesnt look any different, but there is more paint off and I wire brushed the firewall. Got a lots of holes to fill. Cab on rollers so I can move it around the shop. See the snow on us again, missed last year got a bunch the year before.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #65]

02-09-2015 05:14 PM Cab Bottom Done
Finally finished rust and paint on the Cab bottom. Cleaned up Chassis Cab mounts and put in new rubber bushings. Repainted front brake calipers RED and front end with chassis black. Stood the Cab back up and will start with more paint removal and seat and A/C brackets.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #64]

01-15-2015 01:38 AM More rust be gone
Replaced rust holes with new metal, welded them in. The black bracket is for the emergency brake cable.
My first try was pretty ugly so I made a nice one and painted it black. It bolts on under the frame and makes a terminal point for the cable that comes off the hand brake. Wire brushed the whole bottom of the cab, will sand and when finished welding the new metal paint with chassis black.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #63]

Pages (14): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14