Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: chevy302builder18's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View chevy302builder18's profile Entries: 8
Views: 920
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

01-03-2013 02:55 AM shes dropped!!
i grabbed up a 5.3 liter vortec truck engine, its not an LS1 but certainly close with a nice set of aluminum heads. i also have a 4l80E from a GMC conversion van that had a 5.7 liter in it. pictures of that will come later. sit back and enjoy the wiring harness expedition. i promise ill surprise you if any even peak at this journal at all. shes been dropped quite a few inches.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

11-25-2012 11:40 PM its been awhile
Its been awhile since ive updated this and i know i have alot of guys wanting me to update this so this is what i got. (no pictures yet of new doors) i got some new doors from craigs and there were for cheap $150 brand new out the box and alot more better looking then the originals. and i have chatted up with my good buddys at 67-72 (47 to present chevrolet-gmc forums) chevy gmc forum and i talked to alot of guys on the 73 to 87 square body section. I find them very considerable and very inspirational as i move forward to making my ultimate rod. the big stuff has just begun. I have purchased DJMs 3 inch drop spindles for the front and DJMs cheap knock off of a flip kit, (axle over leafs) and there was a big stir. majorly because someone used the product of the 5" drop in the rear and posi and strong motor bent the brackets all up. Im not disposing or returning product since it is all i can afford for the project, the applicating is a odd ball, a mix between daily driver and tons of fun. of coarse cars and trucks weigh a ton or two so you get the joke right? lol. anyways im putting in the serpentine belt drive with a nice alternator, CS130 and yes the engine is yet to be swapped with the 406 due to low funds. i will post pictures tomorrow thank you for reading. heres some before when i bought the truck and after

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

05-29-2012 05:48 AM some new goodys added
I figured out what was under the hood of my truck, heads castings # are for a 350 chevy, but they are prone to cracking. Im sure to make a swap, i have put some money into this engine, a lil here and there, not going all out with this engine since im putting more cubes under the hood, a small dress up kit from edelbrock i paid ten dollars for from one kid. List of new things on the engine, HEI Accel super coil, Accels universal 8mm header wires, 71-80s passenger car headers from flowtech part#11100 FLT and some glass packs behind those. set of new plugs. Flushed the engine of all that old motor gunk with some engine flush, put 10W30 engine oil in,
with some zddp engine oil additive to keep the cam healthy. Lucas oil stabalizer also went in on top of that. She runs like a champ hope you guys enjoy this!!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

04-15-2012 09:55 PM Well the next time ill be putting in an entry will be...
The title says all. i will have to gather materials (fiberglass, resin kit sand paper ect), and when i do ill rip those rear fenders off and do some sanding on those with my sander. Rest of it i wont touch till i have a gravity fed gun and some good primer. Thanks for checkin it out. Have a nice day, intil next time!!

[Entry #5]

04-15-2012 09:55 PM Well the next time ill be putting in an entry will be...
The title says all. i will have to gather materials (fiberglass, resin kit sand paper ect), and when i do ill rip those rear fenders off and do some sanding on those with my sander. Rest of it i wont touch till i have a gravity fed gun and some good primer. Thanks for checkin it out. Have a nice day, intil next time!!

[Entry #4]

Pages (2): [1] 2